“Please stop playing Skywrath Mage and Death Prophet,” cries Icefrog, plaintively, in this latest Dota 2 patch.
Patch 6.82c has just hit the Valve MOBA, and for the most part it’s a few tweaks to some of the most prevalent heroes in the current meta. There are a couple of other little tweaks, too – buyback cooldown has gone from six minutes to seven minutes, and AoE gold/XP have been slightly nerfed – but, for the most part, it’s all about the heroes. Oh, and Bloodseeker/Zeus/Nature’s Prophet will hopefully be less horrible now.
So! Death Prophet has been hit, with Crypt Swarm doing the same damage at level 4 but scaling up to that more slowly, and Exorcism’s cooldown is now 145 seconds (up from 135). Skywrath’s taken a nerf bat to the face, too, with Mystic Flare’s damage now dealt out over slightly more time, and Ancient Seal getting a longer cooldown.
Phantom Lancer can now create less illusions, Spectre moves more slowly and Haunt illusions deal less damage, Razor’s Aghs Eye of the Storm has a longer interval between damage instances and Static Link has a longer cooldown, Terrorblade moves slower when Metamorphed and his illusions take more damage, Primal Split has a longer cast time…
Basically, it’s one long spree of nerfs. Except for Warlock, perhaps; his Golems’ Flaming Fists now do Pure damage instead of Magical, but they do slightly less damage to compensate. Note: Flaming Fists is the Golem ability that gives it a chance of inflicting bonus damage to every enemy in a radius around it. It is not Ember Spirit’s Sleight of Fist. That would be mental.
The full list of patch notes can be found below, and to make things a little easier, I’ve divided them up into alphabetised hero-related sections (because the original notes are just a straight list). The patch itself should automatically download to Dota 2 the next time you sign into Steam.
- Buyback cooldown increased from 6 to 7 minutes
- AoE Gold NWFactor reduced from 0.06/0.06/0.05/0.04/0.03 to 0.05/0.05/0.05/0.04/0.03
- AoE XP XPFactor reduced from 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.15/0.12 to 0.23/0.23/0.2/0.15/0.12
- Ethereal Blade projectile speed increased from 1100 to 1200
- Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
- Primal Split cast time increased from 0.4 to 0.65 seconds
- Primal Split delay after cast time (while invulnerable) reduced from 0.85 to 0.6 seconds
- Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
- Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
- Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90
- Song of the Siren cast point increased from 0.65 to 0.8 seconds
- Guardian Angel no longer provides HP Regeneration
- Juxtapose max illusions reduced from 6/8/10 to 5/7/9
- Eye of the Storm Scepter interval increased from 0.55/0.45/0.35 to 0.6/0.5/0.4
- Static Link cooldown increased from 25 to 32/30/28/26
- Mystic Flare damage is now dealt over 2.4 seconds instead of 2.2 seconds
- Ancient Seal cooldown increased from 11 to 14
- Haunt illusion outgoing damage decreased from 40% to 30%
- Spectre movement speed reduced from 295 to 290
- Metamorphosis movement speed reduced from 315 to 290
- Conjure Image damage intake increased from 300% to 425%
- Sunder no longer interrupts the target
- Sunder cast range increased from 250 to 325
- Flaming Fists damage type changed from Magical to Pure (pierces Spell Immunity)
- Flaming Fists damage reduced from 100/150/200 to 80/115/150