Videogame News

So who purchased GTA V and didn't wait for the PC version?

Did you manage to resist the GTA V temptation? I am waiting for it to appear on the PC but did your will break and you're going to play it on the console anyway first?
    Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

Re: So who purchased GTA V and didn't wait for the PC version?

Me! I'll get both. I've tried to justify that by intending to play the console version for the story and hopefully the PC version for the Online portion. In my mind that is valid justification anyway.

I'm getting it on the console only, but not at release. Haven't quite decided when to get it, if I even will. Undoubtedly looks fun, but tbh I've had the most fun in GTA during co-op play or just taking turns with friends. Never really did play those games for the story, then again did anyone? XD SO depending on if a friend of mine will get it or not will actually decide if I get it or not. We'll see. >_>
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Here's what I want to know.

Why does a "somewhat" rational game industry so criminally overrate this franchise every single release.

GTA IV - perfect scores everywhere. Reality? Far from it. Its a great achievement in terms of minutiae, but it wasn't a great game.

Now, here we go again. Game sites are pooping their pants to give this game high scores (thankfully, I see a lot more 9s this time than 10s). And already people are posting "yeah buts".

I dunno, I guess I get irritated when there's so many wonderful games that get 8s. I'm starting to wonder if its the reviewers that are flawed.

To answer the question posed: I will get it on the PC in a year or two when its on special for 9 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Here's what I want to know.

Why does a "somewhat" rational game industry so criminally overrate this franchise every single release.

GTA IV - perfect scores everywhere. Reality? Far from it. Its a great achievement in terms of minutiae, but it wasn't a great game.

Now, here we go again. Game sites are pooping their pants to give this game high scores (thankfully, I see a lot more 9s this time than 10s). And already people are posting "yeah buts".

I dunno, I guess I get irritated when there's so many wonderful games that get 8s. I'm starting to wonder if its the reviewers that are flawed.

To answer the question posed: I will get it on the PC in a year or two when its on special for 9 bucks.
    I bought GTA IV at release, sucked in by the massive hype. Was generally disappointed by what the game offered in terms of evolving, some nicer graphics and an (IMO) not overly compelling story. I spent maybe 25 hours on it and got bored, for it never to be touched again.

After several hours play, GTA V is off the charts in comparison to GTA IV. Comparing story to story, the size of the city/surrounding areas, the characters, the detail - everything is on another level from GTA IV. Also, the online mode is a big part of the hype for me. Although its not been released yet I've always wanted a game like that. In the past games like APB and its rebooted version have tried and failed, so this bit has me really excited.

I've played every GTA since the first one on PS1 and I guess it was an inevitable purchase from me because of that - but this one so far is living up to the hype.

Well I ended up getting it already lol. Too many friends and co-workers talking about it, so couldn't resist the temptation. Haven't really done any story stuff though, just been messing around. One thing is annoying the crap out of me though, it's next to impossible to spot the aiming reticle while driving. -.-
    Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?