Videogame News

Hybrid View

Idea Introduce yourself

In a vague and probably stupid effort to get some sort of chat going on in here, let's start off by introducing ourselves. Give as much or as little detail as you like.

I'm Tim who is Fyzzu who is Snuggle Paws who is all sorts of other aliases. I'm a late-20s wordsmith and professional cynic who writes full-time for IncGamers. I've been playing Dota 2 for about half a year, Final Fantasy XIV: ARR for less time than I really should have, and games in general for about 25 years.

I'm in the UK, though that doesn't really mean much in terms of "when I'm on" as I don't have a sleeping pattern so much as I have a sleeping chaos. You can usually find me hanging around sometime between 8pm BST and maybe 6am BST, although that changes pretty regularly.

Who are YOU?

Re: Introduce yourself

Hello!

I'm Francesco (Fran) aka Freakshow on steam. I'm in the DoTA2 part of the guild and I've been playing that since fairly early beta, being brutally mashed by experienced MOBA players when I first started due to there being no rating system in the matchmaking and it being my first MOBA I really got into! Havn't looked back though. Thoroughly addicted!

I'm 27, half Italian, half British and I've been gaming since the Amiga 500 we had when I was younger, with Shadow of the Beast II probably being one of my favourite games ever (yay the franchise is being rebooted for PS4!). Special mentions to Airball, New Zealand Story and Pang!

ARPGs and FPS games with the occasional MMO took up most of my gaming time until DoTA2 showed up - mainly Diablo 2, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and CoD2/CoD4.

I'm fairly laid back with gaming these days, even with the emotional rollercoaster that DoTA2 is. I'm usually on a few evenings in the week beyond 4:30pm till around 11:30pm and I'm usually around most weekends during the day. I'll happily play with anyone who is willing to not be a nob end, regardless of skill level.

I've always been an advoacte of learning through playing rather than watching/practicing against bots, especially with the constant need to adapt to the situation in DoTA2 - and you will only learn that through experience! I can manage a decent ping on all the European servers and US East, so if anyone ever fancies a game and sees me in game chuck me an invite - I won't bite!

Hey, I'm Shokushu, also in the DotA2 guild. I'm 23 years old and live in Canada.

I have been playing DotA:Allstars on Warcraft for a while and played all sorts of dota-likes (Heroes of Newerth, Bloodline Champions, League of Legends, etc.) but I'm stuck on DotA2 now. I am an avid PC gamer but I also own the most part of consoles from Sony and Nintendo, my favorite is the SNES.

I work as a web developper, I write stuff and produce music as a hobby (also DJ when I'm asked to). I'm always open to trying new stuff and I'm always really glad to help anyone out.

Hi guys, I'm darkvalkyrie007 on Steam and you can call me Val for short
    I've just been added in the DotA 2 guild, and I live in New Zealand.

I'm a newbie to DotA, so please teach me and don't kill me for the stupid mistakes I know I'll make~~
    Sorry! I'm apologising in advance, see?

I'm just a little student really, so it'll be good learning from you guys :P

P.S. Dang, it's hard acting nice >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Val View Post
    Hi guys, I'm darkvalkyrie007 on Steam and you can call me Val for short
    I've just been added in the DotA 2 guild, and I live in New Zealand.

Welcome Val, I hope you'll have a good time with IncGamers members!

You'll probably see me around during the next few days, don't hesitate to ask anything, even to play a game =)

DotA has a steep learning curve so don't give up too soon, you will probably need a lot of time and willpower to progress but it is so satifying and fulfilling that you won't even feel bad about it.

Cheers