Maxis are plugging away at sorting out remaining SimCity issues and tomorrow update 4.0 will be released.
This is not just a patch fix update, there are new features coming including a new region called Edgewater Bay and there's even a new "Launch Park" which they are releasing for their "dedicated fans".
Maxis has stabilised the Global market on the servers and it will be reactivated on the live servers along with Leaderboards and region filters. These have been offline for many weeks now with some of these features not functioning since launch. Nice to have them back.
Thankfully this patch also addresses the water table problem where it would not be replenished and players should spot clouds rolling in with rain to replenish the water.
Let's also not forget the really annoying flickering buildings. This is resolved so your eyes should now be saved.
Here's the full list, and I think you'll agree these fixes are a real step in the right direction
- New:Â*SimCity Launch Park, an exclusive new park just for our dedicated fans who were early adopters.
- New:Â*Region: Edgewater Bay. Seven city sites in one cluster around a beautiful bay with one great work site.
- New:Â*Your current server will now be shown in the options menu.
- New:Â*More detailed rollover information on buildings telling playerâ€™s if their Sims received happiness from a park or from shopping. Previous to this fix, this information was generic.
- Re-Enabled Feature:Â*Global Market prices now dynamically change during gameplay.
- Re-Enabled Feature:Â*Leaderboards are will be active on EU West 3, Pacific 1 and Pacific 2 at the release. We will enable them on additional servers throughout the day.
- Re-Enabled Feature:Â*Region filters are now enabled on all SimCity servers. Players will be able to search for open games by Map Name, Sandbox Mode, and Abandoned Cities.
- Rain Clouds:Â*Fixed an issue where some cities would not have rain clouds to replenish their water table. If you had a city with this issue, you will start seeing clouds again within a game day.
- Fire:Â*Improved response time of fire trucks to fires. Improved the time it takes for a fire signal to reach a fire station.
- â€˘Mission updates:Â*Tuned Metals HQ and Community College missions. These were appearing too early, making them difficult to complete. They now appear later in a cityâ€™s development.
- Solar Farm Great Work:Â*Reduced fire risk at the Solar Farm Great work. Local fire engines were spending too much time at the Solar Farm.
- Messaging:Â*Improved pre-requisite messaging for Trade Port, Casinos, Smelting Factory and Oil Refinery. It should be clearer on how to unlock these buildings.
- Graphics:Â*Fix for flickering low wealth buildings on NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Education:Â*Fix for an issue some cities experienced where commuting students did not return from a neighborâ€™s city. This was causing a problem where students would disappear from a city in some cases.
- Tuning:Â*Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they donâ€™t have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.
Theme Park DLCAlso, don't forget the is due to release on the 28 so there's plenty of new content to get stuck into.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
22-05-2013, 19:03 #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
SimCity 4.0 update tomorrow comes with a new region and more
22-05-2013, 23:08 #2
Did they fix the massive traffic jams and fire/police not able to get places?
23-05-2013, 03:03 #3
- Join Date
- May 2012
So wild I never envisioned SimCity being like Diablo/WOW Patch City ad infinitum.
23-05-2013, 04:56 #4OMicronGuest
You know where they can shove their DLC
© IncGamers Ltd 2012