Videogame News
    IncGamers Member

Loot farming comparable? Borderlands2

Just wondering how Borderlands 2 item hunt/loot farming compares to D3. In Borderlands1 it felt like farely quickly I had guns and items that were as good as I would ever find. The last guns and other items I found I used for prob 80% of my total play time, because I never found anything better. I did prob 20 G Knox runs without finding an item better than the ones I had all ready found within 3 hrs after I reached max level. With Diablo 2 and 3 I feel like every drop may give me something better. I can always go to the AH and see loads of stuff better than what I have. So my q is; Does Borderlands2 do a better job than 1 at making you feel like you can always be better? And how does it compare to Diablo? Thank you.

IncGamers Member

Re: Loot farming comparable? Borderlands2

I purchased BL and BL2 recently. From what little I've played, I can say a few things: little to no story and the character voicing/writing is about as cartoony as the graphics. That said the loot rewards are entertaining, and that's good, but the gameplay to acquire said goods gets repetitive fast. Lots of "shoot this, get this, return for reward" and much "drive here, meet them, drive there, meet that" (steering isn't that great on PC, better pick this up for 360 or PS3 if looking to enjoy that.) It does have co-op which makes this bearable.

All in all, if you have a bunch of friends that want to play and aren't worried about story/acting/voicing/music or the repetitive questing, but are all about maximizing your gun potential then pick this up.

CG, you pretty much it the nail on the head with that. Pretty much how I feel about it too.
    Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

I played 8 hours doggedly and quit. Its one of the most overrated titles I've played in a long time.