Videogame News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Old Republic? You goingto play it.

While I have not gone hands-on with it myself, some of the other IncGamers guys have and were left a little disappointed. Are you going to pick it up on the 20 December? I am in two minds, it look like it's WoW in space with lots of voice acting/cutscenes.

Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

Re: Old Republic? You goingto play it.

I'm going to give it a try and see how it works out. I don't believe it will be nothing like WoW for me, while I enjoy the movies the setting sounds somewhat not working for mmo for me. But definetely checking it out, have it on pre-order already actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushster View Post
    it look like it's WoW in space with lots of voice acting/cutscenes.
    While I cannot comment in any detail, I share your concern, but my concern is much stronger than yours.

IncGamers Member

I don't think I will play it... but please do have fun

I got an email this week notyfying me that I have upcoming beta access. But having watched a few of the streams since NDA lifted I dont think Im going to even trying it. Game looks like a wow clone with poor animation and fairly dull dungeon content.

As for the spaceball come tdm whatever the hell it is pvp mode ..it just seemed so poor compared to what you already get from games like wow..and I havnt played that in 11 months.

The combat looks poor and lacks fluidity. Lots of people will try it. I'll stick with Skyrim/ D2 until glorious day of days when I can finally play Diablo 3!

I think the big issue as ppl have stated is its so much like wow but just won't be as polished so I can totally see many ppl quitting through boredom after a few weeks. I feel any new mmo thats wants to succeed has to do something new to move forward a genre which is fast becoming as stale as the fps market with most devs wanting to produce a modern warfare clone.

The only fps (bf3) aside that I've found genuinely interesting in the last several years is Borderlands because the devs stayed away from the on-rails, linear, scripted cinematic experience that defines the modern fps. Forgoing competitive pvp in favour of a co-op focused experience which was actualy really fun. The game wasnt perfect..(needs less brown lol) but respect to the devs for not making another wannabe sheep.

I honestly can't see myself diving back into the mmo market until its sees a title thats prepared to follow a new path and thus present me with a game I wont feel like I've already played 10 times before.

Last edited by Amarules; 22-11-2011 at 13:02.

I cannot imagine this game having any longevity at all.

I have actually been pleasantly surprised by it. I've been pretty "down" on it up until now, but having had the chance to get in and play it, I find myself pleasantly surprised. I'll have more in depth thoughts later after my access goes away and I won't be wasting precious play time.

Drixx's HC Sept Progress

Never played Wow so I probably won't play this game either.

I've never been able to get into any mmorpgs before and hated the ones that I've tried, but I like this one, it reminds me more of the first two games and has a pretty decent story.

IncGamers Member

Yes, I will play it. We'll see if it can keep my interest up in the long run (and it will have strong competetion in the not too distant future from D3, ME3 and perhaps FFXIV once it nears 2.0 release), but what I saw in a weekend of beta testing essentially hooked me.