Videogame News

Thread: Maplestory?

IncGamers Member

Question Maplestory?

I'm looking for a free MMORPG(ish) type game to play, money is not the question, If I like an mmo I play I dont mind spending a few bucks on it after I play it a bit, and deem it worthy.

I've heard and seen many Maplestory things over the years. Any1 ever play b4? I noticed on one site there was no PvP though, also I could not find if the cash items unbalance the game at all either...

Also if anyone has any other decent games they think I should google post them. Although I'm looking for a system requirement like diablo 2's I'm using an old computer atm.

IncGamers Member

Re: Maplestory?

To answer your questions about MapleStory.
    "Any1 ever play b4?" : Yes i did. And i enjoyed it, it's pure monster bashing for decades but if you play with friends, there are dungeons and Group Quest. But you got to like bashing monsters though (Korean Game). Also, even though there is a max lvl, the point in the game is the travel not the objective. Once you reached max lvl (wich you'll probably never do), i suggest you just make another character. Also the game is very frequently patched with new areas, new classes, etc...

"I could not find if the cash items unbalance the game" : No it doesn't, it's only cosmetic, however i never used it for one simple reason. Those luxury items are limited in time (i don't remember but i belive it's 30 days) and since i usually play it a lot for a cople of weeks than stop for a cople of month, no use for me.

"Also if anyone has any other decent games they think i should google post them" : Realm of the Mad God, this game is pure insanity, i love it, it's free and it's on steam (or you can play by navigator on their website). Anything you buy for real money can help you (you can get extra character slot, extra chest slot, ...) but doesn't give an advantage over people that don't. Definitly recommand it.

Another good game, but wont hold you for as long as MapleStory or Realm of the Mad God, it's called "Bloodline Champions", it's an only pvp game. You just enter an arena (from 1v1 up to 5v5) choose a character and bash people, the game system is extremely well done. It's easy to learn and hard to master, give it a try too.

IncGamers Member

hmmmm, I have not heard of the Realm of the mad god, or Bloodline Champions but I will check them out. One game i found pretty fun was Call of Gods, they have many servers hosted on FB, their official website and Outspark. The one drawback is the auction house works off of gold, which you need to buy 50g/5$ i believe, the positive is you can sell items for gold and make gold w/o paying a cent if you don't want to. I paid 5$ total for the game, and I'm currently sitting on over 700g+countless rare Items lol

I played maple story half-a-decade ago and it was okay. Lots of grinding though.

The overall design and gameplay was good though.