Videogame News
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar

Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

Quote Originally Posted by Snakefinger View Post
    Smart people strike while the iron is hot.

Genius people make the iron hot by striking it

I confess, I have no clue how to work with the iron, I just thought it was a cool expression.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    What are your computer specs? Obviously it works well on high-end computers but people with mid-range and low-end machines should stay the heck away from it.
    Are you trying to play it on a toaster ? :/ I don't have a top computer and it run flawless, but maybe its just a matter of what you think is average.

Without us knowing what you are dealing with we cannot really say if the problem is really on their end or yours.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snakefinger View Post
    Smart people strike while the iron is hot.

Genius people make the iron hot by striking it
    don't you make the iron hot by placing it in a forge ?

IncGamers Member
    Guild wars 2 abandoned everything that made their game non mmoish now it is just a wow clone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    What are your computer specs? Obviously it works well on high-end computers but people with mid-range and low-end machines should stay the heck away from it.
    core i7 2.4, 10GB DDR3, and a GTX570.
    But again, it's a beta. D3 ran like *** during the beta.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    Players whined about every WoW expansion, and it is still BY FAR the biggest MMO.

All "blizz killers" are solid games. They suck comparing to Blizzard games, though, and all end up in the gutter after initial cash grab passes.
    Diablo 3 is in the gutter already. There already was a Blizz Killer -- they're called Activision.

(goes back to playing things other than D3)

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Locohead View Post
    Diablo 3 is in the gutter already. There already was a Blizz Killer -- they're called Activision.
    You're trolling, right?

D3 certainly didn't turn out as huge as it was expected to turn out, but in the gutter? No. Comparing to what, anyways? No other game in the genre comes even ANYWHERE close. D3 probably sold 10 million copies by now.

(goes back to playing things other than D3)
    Nice lie. You wouldn't be posting on a D3 forum if that was true, I mean otherwise, that'd made you a sore loser, and you're not a sore loser, of course.

IncGamers Member

You're trolling, right?
    I have a genuine belief that D3 is an enormous disappointment, and chose at that time to convey said belief in a few choice words. You can call it what you want.

D3 certainly didn't turn out as huge as it was expected to turn out, but in the gutter? No. Comparing to what, anyways? No other game in the genre comes even ANYWHERE close. D3 probably sold 10 million copies by now.
    I bought 2 of those copies. One was the CE which I resold for a profit (to someone who is apparently hoarding them, looked at his other auction bids.) Other was the normal copy I kept. After all was said and done I paid approximately $1 to own D3. The fact that I purchased not only one but 2 copies toward that total has absolutely no relevance to whether or not I am happy with the game, or that it was a "success" from anything other than an economic standpoint. Yes, if they had sold 10 million copies of boxes saying Diablo 3 which contained excrement inside, you could also call that an "economic success." Proceeding to use that fact to argue that the game is GOOD is obviously incorrect. It sold 10 million copies on the back of Diablo 2, on the interest in and popularity of the franchise. The sales represent little to no proof that D3 is a good game. I will never stop calling people on that fact.

Nice lie. You wouldn't be posting on a D3 forum if that was true, I mean otherwise, that'd made you a sore loser, and you're not a sore loser, of course.
    I played D3 at release for approximately 2 days and got bored with it. Then I got Minecraft and have played it almost every day since then. I've only played D3 once since then, for maybe an hour. Not trying to preach about Minecraft, just describing my gaming since I bought D3. I keep playing Minecraft because it keeps being fun to do so. I am not playing D3 because it was not nearly as much fun to do so.

I plan to play D3 again, it hasn't happened yet. There is not enough draw. Not yet bored enough to try again. I'm only in normal act 2, and what am I supposed to be looking forward to in the game? I enjoyed D2 for the items and unique builds. Builds are almost irrelevant in D3 since you can just shift around to whatever you want, no set skills or stats. Item drops are broken due to the AH. The drops are not and cannot ever be rewarding, because the drops are engineered so that you are pushed into the AH. I wish this were not the case.

This isn't trolling, nor a recitation of "negative views of D3" -- these are the realities of D3 to me. These things are why I'm not playing it. "Why do you still come here" I come here to see what's going on with the patches, the changes, if maybe anything has changed for the better. I come here to see what people are saying about the game and whether I can find any reason to play it again. Not really seeing any so far.

P.S.: To expand on my terse replies earlier:

"D3 is in the gutter already" -- this is based on the significant falloff of people actually playing the game, and in the opinions of gamers everywhere. Even most people that liked the game have just stopped playing. The half-dozen people I know IRL who were heavily into D3 have ALL stopped playing. They don't have any reason to play anymore. That's pretty bad. Perhaps it's not bad for any random game, people just move on. However, it is horrible compared to the long-term draw of D2.

"Activision was the Blizzard killer" -- isn't this self-explanatory? Read any of the articles on how Activision views gamers and their games in general. D3 is a money-grab. Of course all developers want to make money - the difference is that most developers also care about putting out a worthwhile product. Actiblizz released a poor successor to D2 just to cash in on the D franchise. Additionally, it is crippled by its own item system in order to cash in even MORE via the AHs. If D3 had normal drop rates and no AH I'm pretty sure I'd have put hundreds of hours into it so far, even given all of its other flaws.

Last edited by Locohead; 02-08-2012 at 12:06.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar

Saw this little blurb in an article yesterday and I thought it was fitting to the conversation going on here.

"The most significant is the community of WoW players, so even if a new game comes along that is rated higher by critics, it will attract only a portion of the loyal WoW community, and the defectors will feel pangs of guilt. It's sort of like why Google+ can never overtake Facebook—it might be a superior product, but without your friends on the service, Google+ is just not as fun as Facebook is."

Killing wow is not just making a better game but with the social aspect so ingrained in people who play WoW it will take more which is an interesting take on the subject. Also the reason the Sims does so well too.

IncGamers Member

So Diablo 3 has turned my once favourite fansite into a place where only Blizzard fanboys are left and all they do is talk about how great Blizzard is while talking crap about other games.

I genuinely feel sorry for some of the people here. It's like they have nothing else in their lives but Blizzard's games and are threatened by anyone with a different opinion.