Videogame News
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    I thought we were all collectively over MMOs now. Is that not the case? Did I miss a memo?

Well, i think that subscription-based model will pretty much die with Secret World.

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Well, i think that subscription-based model will pretty much die with Secret World.

And I think the free to play, no monthly fee model will die with D3.

You want quality support, like in WoW, get ready to pay.

I love how people whined about the possibility of fees in D3 and RMAH as source of support income, and then they keep whining that Blizz doesn't give D3 enough attention.

IncGamers Member

These days, its not that hard to be a Blizzard Killer.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    This isn't GW2 Forum.

Oh, and GW2 is going to have minimal population/support after MoP comes out. Have fun with another "Blizz Killer", hah. ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. They know that these same whiners will go back to playing D3/MoP/Sc2/SC1/D2 after a few months. This is what happened with every other Blizz Killer, no exceptions. EQ2, LOTRO, GW1, AOC, Rift, Aion, TQ, TL, HGL, WAR, SWTOR.

No exceptions.

But whiners are already ready to give their money to the next blizz killer. It's actually kinda hilarious.
    Cash grab? There isn't a monthly fee for GW2. Do you just post stupid **** all the time to see if people pick up on it? I hate fan boys.

IncGamers Member

"ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. "

so, GW2 started production 2 years ago ?

GW2 was never marketed as a WoW killer
    it is marketed as a sequel to an existing mmo
    the fist one was popular, so they made a 2nd one
    that is all

seriously, your post makes no sense at all

IncGamers Member

This isn't GW2 Forum.

Oh, and GW2 is going to have minimal population/support after MoP comes out. Have fun with another "Blizz Killer", hah. ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. They know that these same whiners will go back to playing D3/MoP/Sc2/SC1/D2 after a few months. This is what happened with every other Blizz Killer, no exceptions. EQ2, LOTRO, GW1, AOC, Rift, Aion, TQ, TL, HGL, WAR, SWTOR.

No exceptions.

But whiners are already ready to give their money to the next blizz killer. It's actually kinda hilarious.

So when ArenaMet went into developing GW2 several years ago they planned ahead thinking that people would complain about Blizzard at this point in time of 2012 to "cash in"? What do they have a crystal ball or something? Also, EQ2 was released with Warcraft so how do you label that a "killer"? If you want to use a "cash grab" example you do not need to look any further than Diablo 3. I was quite evident what Blizzard wanted to accomplish with thier D3 and it backfired in thier face. Short term sales were great, however long term they screwed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    "ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. "

so, GW2 started production 2 years ago ?

GW2 was never marketed as a WoW killer
    it is marketed as a sequel to an existing mmo
    the fist one was popular, so they made a 2nd one
    that is all

seriously, your post makes no sense at all
    GW was a popular, but short lived game. They decided to do the same with GW2, and put it out right when the heat against Blizz is at the highest.

Please explain where I'm wrong.

IncGamers Member

GW was a popular, but short lived game. They decided to do the same with GW2, and put it out right when the heat against Blizz is at the highest.

Please explain where I'm wrong.
    Holy moly, I'd consider myself a Blizzard-fan more than a hater but damn you make me want to vomit. Are you that deluded in your tinfoil hat that they intentionally released now just because of D3 backlash?

Really?

REALLY?

If they released well before then you'll say "Trying to cash in before MoP blows them out of the water!"
    If they released after then you'll say "Waiting for the numbers to die down becaue they can't compete!"
    Seriously, are you that xenophobic to anything that isn't Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkas View Post
    Holy moly, I'd consider myself a Blizzard-fan more than a hater but damn you make me want to vomit. Are you that deluded in your tinfoil hat that they intentionally released now just because of D3 backlash?

Really?

REALLY?

If they released well before then you'll say "Trying to cash in before MoP blows them out of the water!"
    If they released after then you'll say "Waiting for the numbers to die down becaue they can't compete!"
    If you think that products are released at random times, without any consideration for competition's products, you haven't been paying attention in business 101 class.

This isn't about Blizzard vs ArenaNet or tinfoil hats (I LOVE how the tinfoil hat argument gets brought up, at complete random, this isn't 9/11 dude, this is business strat basics).

GW2 is being released while the hate for blizzard is nice and hot.

If the hate wasn't hot enough, they could hold off till later, if need be, they could release earlier, they could release at the exact same time, who knows - as long as there are proper business reasons for doing so.

Seriously, are you that xenophobic to anything that isn't Blizzard
    When it comes to long term entertainment, no other company impressed me even a fraction as much as Blizzard. I love many games by old Bioware, Interplay, ID, Valve, Raven but they were all single player games I wouldn't play continuously. The only games I played for a long time are Blizzard's. It'd be also pretty wild to not acknowledge that Blizzard has 4 of the most played online franchises in the world, in their respective genres (2 of them RTS, 1 MMO, 1 ARPG) for many, many years now.
    I'm waiting for a day when another company will impress me more and solidify that with stats as well, but history shows, this isn't likely to happen.

IncGamers Member

I honestly don't know how to answer that, you truly believe ArenaNet (you know, founded by some former Blizzard employees) would seriously go "Hey! D3 is hated! Let's release our game now!".

But of course you have no evidence for that other than your own feelings. I mean TL2 is released soon, right when D3 hate is hot! F**k those ex-Blizz North employees, they clearly are butthurt and want to scrap up the D3 leavers!

I LOVE how you somehow conjecture that I even implied it was released at random times. Because, you know I totally said that in my post.