Videogame News
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member ScottieK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    99

    Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    I'm pretty sure when Guild Wars 2 drops I'm abandoning D3.

    It looks so insanely good. I'll probably still PVP in D3, but apart from that, Guild Wars 2 looks so incredible, and has everything in it you would wish D3 had.

    It seriously looks like a game that the devs actually focused entirely on what players would want, and looks absolutely spectacular.

    I love the Diablo series and am still looking forward to PVP, but DAMN...Guild Wars 2 just looks INSANE.

    Anyone else had a look at it? If you haven't, I recommend watching some videos.



  2. #2
    IncGamers Member raveharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Forum full of whiners
    Posts
    3,164

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Looks insane? It's basically the same MMO crap again, no thanks had my fill while waiting for D3, I'll pass.

    Also, there's a section for other games, this is a D3 forum so why bother posting it here?



  3. #3
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Every gameplay video of guild wars 2 I've seen looked insanely lame. Not hating, I liked guild wars 1, but this new game just looks stupid imo. Plus I don't see how it's even the same genre as D3 when there is very little going on with loot and it's a slow paced duking it out with a handful of mobs at a time gameplay.



  4. #4
    Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    404 Not Found
    Posts
    4,051

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Between Borderlands2 (really looking forward to) and Torchlight2 I doubt I will have time to play GW2 no matter how good it is expected to be PVP wise.



  5. #5
    IncGamers Member Carisma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    211

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Quote Originally Posted by StrudelStraddler View Post
    Every gameplay video of guild wars 2 I've seen looked insanely lame. Not hating, I liked guild wars 1, but this new game just looks stupid imo. Plus I don't see how it's even the same genre as D3 when there is very little going on with loot and it's a slow paced duking it out with a handful of mobs at a time gameplay.
    I remember having to kite mobs all the time in d3, that is really slow, especially when your a melee class having to kite.



  6. #6
    IncGamers Member Hyliangod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oregon Coast
    Posts
    405

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    I was very excited about GW2 until I saw some gameplay videos, I'm having a hard time understanding what is different from its combat and other mmos except for dodging.



  7. #7
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    O'Canada
    Posts
    1,696

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    This isn't GW2 Forum.

    Oh, and GW2 is going to have minimal population/support after MoP comes out. Have fun with another "Blizz Killer", hah. ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. They know that these same whiners will go back to playing D3/MoP/Sc2/SC1/D2 after a few months. This is what happened with every other Blizz Killer, no exceptions. EQ2, LOTRO, GW1, AOC, Rift, Aion, TQ, TL, HGL, WAR, SWTOR.

    No exceptions.

    But whiners are already ready to give their money to the next blizz killer. It's actually kinda hilarious.



  8. #8
    IncGamers Member Carisma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    211

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderBarin View Post
    This isn't GW2 Forum.

    Oh, and GW2 is going to have minimal population/support after MoP comes out. Have fun with another "Blizz Killer", hah. ArenaNet is trying to cash grab on the people whining about Blizzard right now. They know that these same whiners will go back to playing D3/MoP/Sc2/SC1/D2 after a few months. This is what happened with every other Blizz Killer, no exceptions. EQ2, LOTRO, GW1, AOC, Rift, Aion, TQ, TL, HGL, WAR, SWTOR.

    No exceptions.

    But whiners are already ready to give their money to the next blizz killer. It's actually kinda hilarious.
    A lot of current WoW players is not happy with the next expansion, I am not saying GW2 is going to be a "blizz killer," but it will be a solid game.



  9. #9
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    O'Canada
    Posts
    1,696

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    Quote Originally Posted by Carisma View Post
    A lot of current WoW players is not happy with the next expansion, I am not saying GW2 is going to be a "blizz killer," but it will be a solid game.
    Players whined about every WoW expansion, and it is still BY FAR the biggest MMO.

    All "blizz killers" are solid games. They suck comparing to Blizzard games, though, and all end up in the gutter after initial cash grab passes.



  10. #10
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    132

    Re: Anyone looked at Guild Wars 2? Looks insane

    GW1 was a really cool game, but it had no longevity. I kinda think I'm done buying games until a few months after release, I've been burned too many times (Aion, AoC, WAR, Rift and now D3) but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on GW2. I'm pretty much immune to the "this game looks great from the beta, whose sole purpose is to make the game look great at a glance!" guys by now, though. Heard the exact same thing with D3 and look how that turned out.

    I do have faith in arena.net's ability to make a good game, but I also had faith in Blizzard. GW1 was a very well-made game and the gameplay was top quality, I just don't see how anyone could ever play it for more than two months. There was a campaign and then there was PvP, nothing else, and it completely lacked any aspect of character development.

    I haven't had time to look into GW2's features. What's it like? Do they still have a very low level cap and no real gearing-up process? That's what made GW1 wear out too quickly for me. You were basically given the best possible gear while playing through the campaign, and then the only "endgame" was finding stuff with the same stats but rare skins. GW2 needs more longevity and depth in order to appeal to me. It doesn't need to be a grindfest, but if there's nothing for me to sink my teeth into and no long-term goals, I don't really want to invest any time and money.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© IncGamers Ltd 2012