Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sequels you'd LOVE to see

This isn't for sequels you wouldn't mind seeing, but sequels that would have you frothing at the mouth and just throwing money at a cashier while screaming "JUST GIVE ME THE BOX!!!". Make the assumption that the sequel would be the best of the series.

My list:

1. Betrayal in Krondor 2 - Really ANY awesome game set in the Midkemia world that allows for real role playing and immersion. Open world would = see you in 40 years.

2. Baldur's Gate 3 - I don't even care if its set in the same area of the world or even if its in the forgotten coast, I just want a 200+ hour, strategic, endless replay RPG. No, Dragon Age isn't BG3.

3. Dungeon Keeper 3 - nothing like it before, nothing like it since. I preferred the first one, but second is still good.

4. Might and Magic ANYTHING (if it was done by the people that worked on mm6).

5. Age of Mythology 2. My favorite RTS of all time.

6. Mount and Blade: Warband 2 - Just checked my played on this game - 350+ hours.

7. Master of Orion 4

Now for my totally ridiculous dream game so impractical and awesome it could never be built:

CIV IV - with the ability to pause and engage in open world roleplaying at any time and the game transitions to alpha centauri and turns into Master of Orion which can be played as a strategy game and paused for open universe role-playing. Talk about memory leaks!!!

Re: Sequels you'd LOVE to see

1. Final Fantasy Tactics 2 - A real one, not the GBA/DS 'made for tweens' sequels.

2. Planescape Torment 2 - Not sure how it would work though, I think The Nameless One's story was pretty much resolved.

3. Hexen 3 - Come on, FPS D&D!!

IncGamers Member

Final fantasy 7, remake, with added advent-children story and ending.

I also vote for a fft 2, the gba ones suck.

IncGamers Member

I'd like to see a sequel to DOOM that genuinely captured what made the original so much fun. The art in Doom 3 was terrible. The monsters need to definitely have a heavy satanic edge, instead of amorphous blobs. You take one look at the box cover art of DOOM 3 and it doesn't even look satanic.

1. fallout tactics 2 - on the same graphic engine as FT!
    2. commandos 4 - build on commandos 2 (the 3rd game in the series is weak)
    3. ghost recon 2 - following the original GR from 2001, not GRAW

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    1. Final Fantasy Tactics 2 - A real one, not the GBA/DS 'made for tweens' sequels.
    I've been sadly waiting for this for a very long time. I gave up hope a while back.

I would like to see a proper X-Com game coming out, not the...well, you know. Garbage. The trash being created right now. Also a proper syndicate sequel, not the garbage that just came out.

Battle Realms 2. I don't like RTS games but that one really really pulled me in when it came out.

IncGamers Member

1. Titan Quest 2 - I have got Grim Dawn on Kickstarter but would love a true sequel.

2. Master of Orion 4 - Loved 1 & 2 but 3 was a big letdown. I've tried many imitations since but none hold a candle to the first 2 MOO games.

3. Syndicate Wars 2 - The trash FPS is a big stain on the name but hopefully a return to the isometric roots hasn't been discarded based on the flop FPS.

4. Freelancer 2 - Microsoft need to either make a sequel or give the rights up so one can be made, it's a legendary game & well worth a sequel.

5. TES: Morrowind - I'd love to see Morrowind updated to a new engine & maybe expanded a little, Skyrim is great and all but Morrowind is still the top dog.

Black Hawk Down 2 By Novalogic, man i was addicted to that fps game when i was young cause of how awesome it felt.
    Battle for Middle Earth 3 is also good, i was addicted to strategy games when i was young.

Half-Life 3?

Freedom Fighters 2 - The original was dabomb.com, but it needed larger commandable detachments, smarter AI, and, most importantly, open world gameplay.