Videogame News

Elder Scrolls Online

I went limp.

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

Okay, on one hand, there is no gaming universe I love more than The Elder Scrolls.

On the other hand....

Its a WOW-alike. Which, while expected, is a MAJOR disappointment.

The only positive I saw was public dungeons without instancing.

I'm sure I'll buy it, but the cynic in me (oh wait, that is me), isn't exactly expecting to have my eyes lit up when this goes live.

Edit: Here's the summary:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

Christ...

Third person. Let us mouse in and out. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most egregious sin an mmo can make - other than just flat out not working or being terrible. I know that most people don't care.

Hopefully, they rethink that, but there's a decent mix of kind of hopeful mixed with just garbage on the list.

Last edited by Zarniwoop; 06-05-2012 at 08:09.

I would probably like this, but i started to hate Bethesda after they screwed Interplay for the Fallout Online rights..

I agree that their legal dept is made up of Jackals and fools, but Interplay was in as much danger of shipping a Fallout MMO as I am of turning into a penguin.

Ok, guys, I'm fully on-board with nasty lawyer jokes and laughing at Interplay, but wouldn't you hold your nose and buy either/both simply based on brand loyalty?

I might, and assuming that I couldn't use a crack I might even buy the initial game pack ala Guild Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Okay, on one hand, there is no gaming universe I love more than The Elder Scrolls.
    Same here.

On the other hand....

Its a WOW-alike. Which, while expected, is a MAJOR disappointment.
    Seriously.

The only positive I saw was public dungeons without instancing.
    I didn't even read into it that far, but that's nice!

Third person. Let us mouse in and out. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most egregious sin an mmo can make - other than just flat out not working or being terrible. I know that most people don't care.

Hopefully, they rethink that, but there's a decent mix of kind of hopeful mixed with just garbage on the list.
    To me, first person DEFINES the Elder Scrolls. It's fine to have a 3rd person option to check out your character, but when it's the only option, that's just sad and the quickest way to kill the franchise.

I really hope they'll continue making single player Elder Scrolls games. If this is where they want to take it exclusively, they'll be going that route alone.

Fortunately, Bethesda Softworks will keep making the single player games.

The MMO is entirely the product of Zenimax Media. Bethesda Softworks is not involved, probably other than in an advisory way.

IncGamers Member

was planning on buying it for sure, almost no matter the subscription, but after i heard it wasnt in "elder scrolls" fashion i would never even think about getting that crap.. i hope they scrap it and make it first person more action based, with skill shot arrows and anything you want in both hands