Latest WoW News
Official WoW Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Current Server, Fav Character, and Fondest Memory

Alright guys! Let's get this thread going! Everyone post your current Server and whether you are Primarily Horde or Alliance, as well as your first 85, or highest level character if 85 doesn't apply. Post your Favorite Toon that you play and their level, and why. And post your Most memorable or favorite moment from WoW, whether it be past or current. I'll start

Server: Gilneas, Horde, 85 Undead Priest
    Fav Toon: 73 Undead Hunter I initially leveled this guy for the Classy Hunters achievement, but I am having so much fun with him right now. I do so much damage. Pretty much nothing stands a chance. My pet is ridiculously powerful and never dies. In fact he GAINS health when he is being attacked. Keeping his health up is not hard either. I am having an absolute blast with this guy.
    Fondest Memory: This is a tough one for me and I have been playing since Vanilla Beta. I would have to say, either World PvP between Southshore and Tarren Mill, or the AQ Gate Opening Event. I have screen shots of that event with Thousands of players in Silithis at once. It was pure chaos.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Re: Current Server, Fav Character, and Fondest Memory

Only one question is easy for me to answer: my favorite character. Purely out of sentimental reasons, really. A level 85 Dwarf Paladin, he's my first character ever made when I started playing in 2005 and I actually still consider him my main.

The server he's on is Turalyon, EU, so I might call that my main server. But I have 35+ characters spread over 5 servers.

Fondest memory, can I get back to you on that?

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

IncGamers Member BelushiEightyOneX's Avatar

I dont play anymore... not really... I play a little on the free version...

My favorite memory... back in WoW Vanilla, I was a resto druid, and my guild was working on Ragnaros, back in old Molten Core... The tanks all bought it during a submerge phase, so I shifted to bear and saved the day... almost... we got him to 1%... LITERALLY 1%... and he submerged again... we were bonded pretty royally without real tanks to take the adds...

That resto druid (previously a feral, and became a balance druid in BC) was my fave... FulMetlDruid on Terenas...

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Oooh, I got one! It's one of the fondest, there are more, but this one I can definately mention.

Was in WSG with my level 18 Worgen druid vs a team filled with heirloom twinks. We were quickly down 2 to 0 and people started rage quitting. Then, they started the graveyard farming, probably planning to just farm us a bit until time was up. They were farming about three of us with 6+ of their team. One of our rogues took their flag and through a stroke of luck - and because they kept themselves busy at our GY - could cap it. Nearly immediately after I retook the flag, took the speed buff in their tunnel and when it wore out, I popped on Dark Flight in travel form: yay to 80% movement speed at level 18! The one thing I definately remember about this is seeing a bunch of fellow Alliance sticking together in the middle of the map and me heading towards them. People were shouting at me over the channel "Run! Ruuuuun like the wind!"

I capped with just a few minutes left, 2-2, and we were the last team to cap. We won. Defeating a bunch of twinks through teamwork, that was fun.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by snowieken View Post
    Oooh, I got one! It's one of the fondest, there are more, but this one I can definately mention.

Was in WSG with my level 18 Worgen druid vs a team filled with heirloom twinks. We were quickly down 2 to 0 and people started rage quitting. Then, they started the graveyard farming, probably planning to just farm us a bit until time was up. They were farming about three of us with 6+ of their team. One of our rogues took their flag and through a stroke of luck - and because they kept themselves busy at our GY - could cap it. Nearly immediately after I retook the flag, took the speed buff in their tunnel and when it wore out, I popped on Dark Flight in travel form: yay to 80% movement speed at level 18! The one thing I definately remember about this is seeing a bunch of fellow Alliance sticking together in the middle of the map and me heading towards them. People were shouting at me over the channel "Run! Ruuuuun like the wind!"

I capped with just a few minutes left, 2-2, and we were the last team to cap. We won. Defeating a bunch of twinks through teamwork, that was fun.
    That is an awesome story. I've done something similar like that on my priest. Everyone was battling in the middle, no one was capturing flags, so I saw that as a golden opportunity. Everyone liked having me in their group, because as a Priest in a BG, I actuall healed! *Gasp* I know, I know... :P

Quote Originally Posted by BelushiEightyOneX View Post
    I dont play anymore... not really... I play a little on the free version...

My favorite memory... back in WoW Vanilla, I was a resto druid, and my guild was working on Ragnaros, back in old Molten Core... The tanks all bought it during a submerge phase, so I shifted to bear and saved the day... almost... we got him to 1%... LITERALLY 1%... and he submerged again... we were bonded pretty royally without real tanks to take the adds...

That resto druid (previously a feral, and became a balance druid in BC) was my fave... FulMetlDruid on Terenas...
    Man, that gets my adrenaline going just thinking about that. Old MC was soooo awesome. I hope they do plan, sometime down the road to bring back 40 man Raids. So much fun.

WWN East Guild Member OneMadOgre's Avatar

Medivh-US. Two good memories. Taking down Onyxia with four people left alive in the raid in vanilla. One tank, two DPS and me healing. Then when the gates opened and the server flooded with level 1alts, Blizzard force changing our guild name from <worldofwarnet Alliance> and <worldofwarnet horde> to <guild of the monkey> and <guild of the whale>

Server: Darksorrow (Europe).
    Main Character: Valhauros, Human Death Knight.
    Favorite Moment: Grouping a a 40-Man Raid with players all below, or at, level 70, allegedly to carry them in Sunwell Plateau, and using "Have group, Will Travel" near the Abyssal Breach, causing all of them to drown or get killed by the mobs. Epic Trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhauros View Post
    Favorite Moment: Grouping a a 40-Man Raid with players all below, or at, level 70, allegedly to carry them in Sunwell Plateau, and using "Have group, Will Travel" near the Abyssal Breach, causing all of them to drown or get killed by the mobs. Epic Trolling.
    Bahahahahaha!! This is awesome. Also the best is when you discover someone has you on Auto-Follow. Go into the water, or, if you are a priest or a class with Slow-Fall or Levitate, run them off a cliff, lol.

Server: Gilneas, Horde, 85 Undead Lock
    Fav Toon: Dukat, my lock. I’ve had him since I started the second week of the game, I briefly switched to a DK tank in wrath and cata but have since switched back and loving being back to demo.
    Fondest Memory:This is a kind of long one, It starts back in the vanilla days when my server was working on opening the AQ gates. I was farming whitescale salmon in Alterac Valley since for the most part the alliance left the fishers alone given that it was a group effort. One day as I sat there fishing on my own and some human mage rides up to me wanting to start something. I proceed to dot, fear, pwn her while whacking away at her with my fishing pole. I killed her while taking very little damage to myself and I found it hilarious that I pwned someone so easily with a fishing pole equipped... But the story doesn’t end here...
    Fast forward 3 years... A friend of mine is in college in another part of the state hanging out with his WoW friends. They are discussing “Things we hate in WoW” to which someone chimes in that he hates people who fish in BGs and one of the girls there proceeds to tell a story of why she also hates people who fish in BGs and it sounded really familiar to my friend...
    “Wait, you got killed by someone in AV with a fishing pole?”
    “Yup”
    “What server?”
    “Gilneas”
    “...Was it a lock?”
    “Yeah..”
    “Holy shi... Was he in EoL?!”
    “How did you know that?”
    “Was his name Dukat?!”
    “...”
    “OMG I KNOW THE GUY WHO KICKED YOUR ***!”

Also... Siege finish leveling up your hunter already goddamnit.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Albert Einstein