Latest PoE News
Community Notice
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Supporting PoE

I'm thinking about giving them $25. Has anyone else here supported them or thinking about it?

IncGamers Member

Re: Supporting PoE

I have.Can't believe how they managed to get some Diamond supporters,thats probably more than a lot of people have payed in subs on MMOs.

Those so called "diamond" donators are actually GGG own people, trying to advertise and promote their failed little diablo clone, this is what you get from an unknown small company.

Don't waste the 25 bucks.

IncGamers Member

That's just slander,sounds more like you want it to fail.You either like the game or you don't,your not going to put money down if you dislike the game.

I gave em some of my cash too. Not everyone's opinion is the same as raveharu's; I think PoE has quite a lot going for it. If you go around on the forums you'll see there are indeed real (i.e. non-staff non-family) diamond supporters who like the game that much. Same thing is happening to Grim Dawn although to a lesser degree because it's nowhere near the completion state that PoE is.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kavlor View Post
    That's just slander,sounds more like you want it to fail.You either like the game or you don't,your not going to put money down if you dislike the game.
    I looked at it and if I were to support an Indie company by buying their game at a full price, as if it was a AAA game. I would pay 50$, and all I would get would be a shabby "bronze" title.

So the ridicoluos 1000$ for diamond, or the just as dumb 250$ for gold, really devaluates any "gifts" from a genuine genre-fan, and make him feel his (generous infact!) 50$ is hardly appreciated.

I would surely rather pay 25$ for the Kiwi title, than 50$ to be told im "bronze" to them. They must have rich friends, I don't think they need my pebbles infact.

IncGamers Member

So the ridicoluos 1000$ for diamond, or the just as dumb 250$ for gold, really devaluates any "gifts" from a genuine genre-fan, and make him feel his (generous infact!) 50$ is hardly appreciated.
    Thats just your pride talking.It's not about that it's about increasing the chances of a game succeeding that you enjoy,take the forum title with a pinch of salt like I do its not that big of a deal.

I did a $15 'donation'. Completely worth it, glad to support an indie dev. The game is certainly Diablo 2.5, has a massive amount of depth in it's item/skill structure.

As far as calling it a "failed little diablo clone", I'd say that raveharu hasn't even bothered to play the title, or is blinded by diablofans-level fanboism.

IncGamers Member

I have played it since the beginning and i call it crappy d2 clone with good ideas which done as crap. It feels like crap, it plays like crap and as i can c by devs statements it designed to be crap.
    If u cant c its crapness then u hasn't even bothered to play any good game (try at least titan quest which made by even indier devs six years ago and still looks and feels great yet its far from d3 but poe is far worse than tq) or lack of sense fo taste or is blinded poe-level fanboyism.

Yes PoE is really that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Goury View Post
    I have played it since the beginning and i call it crappy d2 clone with good ideas which done as crap. It feels like crap, it plays like crap and as i can c by devs statements it designed to be crap.
    If u cant c its crapness then u hasn't even bothered to play any good game (try at least titan quest which made by even indier devs six years ago and still looks and feels great yet its far from d3 but poe is far worse than tq) or lack of sense fo taste or is blinded poe-level fanboyism.

Yes PoE is really that bad.
    Sure because comparing a game like TQ with an expansion and patched/modded by the company and community with another that isn't even in open beta stage is really fair. And don't get me wrong, I loved TQ/IT.

Anyway I've been playing ARPG's since the first Diablo launched (and hooked me into the genre) and in my opinion this game has the shape of a gem. Sure at the moment lacks polishment, content and a story, but that's why it is not in a release state.

If you think that this game is also made by an indie company and that it is indeed free, I don't understand how someone can dismiss it so easily and even less to call it crap. You may not like it of course, but crap is way past it. Either you are heavily biased or you are just immature.

To answer the topic, I must say that after playing the beta since last september I'm thinking about supporting GGG with one of the small packages. If I haven't yet is well, because I have more important things to spend my money on. But for the way they work with the community and the time spent with their game, I think a small contribution is quite reasonable.