Videogame News

Hybrid View

Mass Effect 3 demo

Play it?

First time I went through as an infiltrator, no problems (besides a disturbing lack of sniper rifle...who the hell designed that loadout?).
    If you pick an engineer or a "caster" class, then I noticed a huge, horrible change from ME1/2, which would be the cooldowns. I felt like playing an engineer was waiting behind cover for up to 30 seconds for the cooldown to expire and I just don't get it.

The gameplay has become more complex, more technical, and more tactical...and then they scale back skill use? It was very off-putting.

Re: Mass Effect 3 demo

I decided to avoid the demo altogether since the full game will be out in a few weeks, instead I went back to ME2 and completed all the remaining DLCs I hadn't done on my vanguard.
    The story is the most compelling part for me so I'm looking forward to the grand ending of the series. Although they did say it's good idea to keep the M3 save files just in case but at the same time, ME3 is supposed to be the last part of the trilogy. Kinda puzzled.

Re: Mass Effect 3 demo

Quote Originally Posted by Risingred View Post
    ... playing an engineer was waiting behind cover for up to 30 seconds for the cooldown to expire and I just don't get it.

The gameplay has become more complex, more technical, and more tactical...and then they scale back skill use? It was very off-putting.
    Take only a pistol or an SMG. Getting your weapons upgraded reduces weight and decreases recharge times.

I'm having a blast with the MP demo. Love having to use tactics instead of mindless gunning.(Although I still love UT2004 )
    Got a high level Vanguard and a Salarian Infiltrator(headshot central).

BTW grabs are effing awesome...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Q4Ia2vQDI

Can't wait for the full game.