Videogame News

Mount and Blade: Warband - a question and a massive endorsement

Okay, I bought this on steam and ignored it for a long time thinking "yeah, that will be a fun gimmick for some Sunday evening".

Boy was I wrong.

This is honestly the most fun I've had with single player gaming in almost a decade.

My question is about mods.

What mod(s) are the most popular or your personal favorites? I'm already going to download the tweak mod so that I can essentially create constant factions. I cannot tolerate the faction switching that occurs at later levels.

I know where to find the lists, I know where to find the mod repositories and the relevant threads. What I can't find, is time to waste researching all of the nuances and stuff they change that I WON'T like. It seems like they all try to be kitchen sink mods with one or two things that utterly rule them out for me.

Anyways, looking for suggestions.

If you're not a graphics ... street walker... and you are willing to wait for 10+ hours for the actual scope of the game to start to sink in, this game will utterly blow your mind.

Re: Mount and Blade: Warband - a question and a massive endorsement

Man, isn't the game fantastic? Have you tried vanilla multiplayer? Its hella fun!

While I don't have any single player mod recommendations, I do have a good multiplayer recommendation: Full Invasion.

I'm not much for zombie games, but in Mount and Blade, its just fun as hell. The more your team progresses, the invasions get tougher. The best thing is that the invasions aren't strictly zombies! The most memorable invasion is the goblin invasion. They come in riding on goats! Its soooo hilarious looking, and the best part is if you kill a goat rider, you can steal his goat. Also, you get earn equipment upgrades similar to regular multiplayer/singleplayer. I had great fun with it!

However, I'm not sure if anyone is still playing it since I got burnt out on the game :(

It's so good to see Mount and Blade slowly get played by more and more people. If they release a sequel, they've got a fan base with some huge expectations, and I sincerely hope they make another. I believe it will be wildly successful.

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

I've been playing vanilla Mount and Blade some. A great time - I may pick up Warband as well.

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

Apparently warband is the more polished version. I have ZERO interest in multiplayer so all those mods mean nothing to me other than as a curiousity. But, I just think of the depth that could be added to the single player campaign and I get chills.

Re: Mount and Blade: Warband - a question and a massive endorsement de

Just an update to this saga. Prophesy of Pendor is a BRILLIANT mod.

I thought warband was great as is (and it is), but with Pendor it becomes INSANELY good.

I do recommend the tweak utility as I am not crazy about 1 or 2 of the game settings, and the tweak utility makes it a 10 second affair to tweak the game to your liking.