Videogame News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Skyrim Approaches; Leaks abound...

Hmm ima have to check for that mouse acceleration or w/e..I could use some more speed shooting the dragons with a bow. Other than that, freakin awesome game.
    I'm a little turned off of some of the "professions"..tho its prolly cause WoW made me sick of them....I keep trying Smithing to make better stuff...havent had any upgrades in awhile....tho I havent really researched much about it either.

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Haven't seen that one, but I did see a giant bring his club down on a bandit, which subsequently launched said bandit into the stratosphere.
    I've seen that happening to various creatures myself. It's sometimes funny to see something like a dead horse coming up from behind a hill and landing down somewhere beyond another mountain. I always assume they met a giant shortly before learning to fly.

Diablo: IncGamers Member

Got the game recently but I have only had time for 2h of play tho those 2h I enjoyed.
    Two notes worth pointing out:

You can use the mouse in the UI
    This still doesn't make the UI very good tho.

I read earlier that if you're experiencing difficultues using the mouse in the UI, you can turn off a setting called "Xbox 360 controller" or something along those lines, and navigating the UI after that should be as smooth as a babies butt.

Also I've found that a combination of mouse and WASD in the UI makes it not bad at all to navigate. Although the UI still isn't awesome!

Another thing to note. When in the favorites menu, you can select an item, then press 1-8 to hotkey it. That way you won't have to bring up the favorite menu (Q) all the time. I knew about this, but haven't used it yet, but seems like a lot of people missed this.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

If you have to use any keyboard keys to navigate the UI, its a complete, devastating failure.

Tbh I actually like using the keys. It's faster for me than using a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    Tbh I actually like using the keys. It's faster for me than using a mouse.
    In many cases it is faster, no way around that. Generally though a combination of using keyboard and mouse makes things smoothest. With skyrim one problem with mouse is that the visible cursor isn't where the game considers your cursor being sometimes in menus; you click on option B but the game keeps reacting to option A. Doesn't happen with keyboard and with mouse it isn't like that always, mostly it works fine but at times you need to do some choice with the keyboard. It's pretty strange and any non-repeatable bug is nasty to fix.

Did you try my suggestion earlier about turning off the "Xbox 360 controller" option in the settings menu? I've heard people say the accuracy of your mouse in the menus becomes incredibly smooth then.

Anyway yes I've found a combination of mouse and keyboard to be the best. >_>

Aye, turned that off but I didn't really notice much difference. It's not that big problem for me anyway, just saying it happens occassionally.

UI wise I'm more bothered about the general lack of polishing and inconsistency. I'm still trying to get used to for example that when I'm at vendor and click on things they get bought/sold but when I open a container which has exactly alike GUI then mouse clicking tries to equip/use item and for transferring item between them I need to use the keyboard shortcut or click on the button and not the item. Or r -key being shotcut to deposit single item to container but e-key being take single item and r-key taking everything. Being the pack rat that I am I'm going to make the mistake of grabbing my whole stash in the house by accident and at some point that's going to be real pain to sort out back to container from bag.

Perk screen is just disaster, but generally it's not needed that much that it would really disturb the experience too much nor can you make any fatal mistake there by accident. Pretty yeah, user friendly no.

I've read it for some people doesn't make a whole lot of difference. One other thing with that setting on/off is you can't/can rotate and zoom in on items in your inventory. But again turning it off doesn't make a difference for some players, as they still can't rotate and/or zoom in on items in inventory.

Have to agree on everything with the UI though. It seems to be lacking some polish, but so far it's not been a big deal for me. What I've wanted to keep so far is my equipment, some potions/poisons, ingredients etc, the rest is sold. So I generally have around 110-130 weight on me before leaving town, and come back at near 300 after a couple caves. Guess that's because I don't bother with all those swords, axes, maces and armors that aren't worth a lot. And a lot meaning value of 200+ gold. If it's less you'll only be able to sell it for around 10-50 gold or so. I'd much rather load up on jewelry and other low weight high profit items, and sell them all at the same time. TLR I mostly pick up gold, so don't use the r-key for picking up all items on a dead body/chests etc. At least I don't use it a whole lot.

Perk screen... it's not great, but very much navigatable once you're used to how it works, and with a combination of a mouse and keyboard. Could've been so much better and easy to navigate if done properly, but not game breaking.

I just find it silly when I read somewhere that the UI is a game breaking element. Because apart from that, and a few major bugs that occurs during very limited circumstances (at least for those that have been discovered), the game is really great and a ton of fun to play.

As for smaller bugs. Yea there's a ton of them, some that are game changing! But it's not difficult to restrain yourself from exploiting them.