Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer & Incredible Simulator on TV show

Hummana Hummana! There's no denying how fabulous this looks.

Boy I long to hear that wonderful fpp fpp sound.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Re: Battlefield 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer

Anyone looking forward to BF3 and can watch next Monday's Gadget Show do so. They'll have that simulator on it. I dread to think the cost of one of those things.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Re: Battlefield 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer & Incredible Simulator on TV show

I cant wait! I need to buy some surround sound for my computer!

And that sim is CRAZY lol he gets lit up! would suck for drunken nights on multiplayer!

Wow that simulator looks amazing. Given how absolutely superb the audio is in BF3, I bet that experience must be incredible.

Re: Battlefield 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer & Incredible Simulator on TV show

The only problem with it is that after work I'm about as likely to stand up to play something as I am to jam a porcupine in my pants.

In all seriousness, it's a nifty technical toy for sure!

Watched the show tonight, the tech that went into it was really impressive. The icing on the cake was when they brought in SAS badass Andy McNabb to test it out.

I am excite for BF3

Thats cool, but just like any TV show, they're just acting. They're gonna bust a nut when the producer says so. Notice they have an entire dome, yet only use the front portion. Might as well be a big screen TV. With that in mind, dude can't even do a 180. The treadmill thing is really cool, yet sidestepping seems it would be nearly impossible to execute properly. Kinect probably isn't the most accurate thing either. The controls appear quirky at best.

Regardless, the paintball guns and lighting were the most immersive parts to me. The fear of actually getting shot would surely change how you play, and the lighting rig was fantastic. You could go from pitch black to nearly blinding white in an instant, and thats all the way around you.

Still cool as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscowart View Post
    Thats cool, but just like any TV show, they're just acting. They're gonna bust a nut when the producer says so. Notice they have an entire dome, yet only use the front portion. Might as well be a big screen TV. With that in mind, dude can't even do a 180. The treadmill thing is really cool, yet sidestepping seems it would be nearly impossible to execute properly. Kinect probably isn't the most accurate thing either. The controls appear quirky at best.

Regardless, the paintball guns and lighting were the most immersive parts to me. The fear of actually getting shot would surely change how you play, and the lighting rig was fantastic. You could go from pitch black to nearly blinding white in an instant, and thats all the way around you.

Still cool as hell!
    The 180 degree projector screen actually revolves around the dome automatically according to his movements on the omnidirectional treadmill. This way he always has maximum field of vision and never sees black edges. So you most likely see most of the dome. You just dont realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarules View Post
    The 180 degree projector screen actually revolves around the dome automatically according to his movements on the omnidirectional treadmill. This way he always has maximum field of vision and never sees black edges. So you most likely see most of the dome. You just dont realize it.
    This is true. I watched the show, and the screen can rotate 360 degrees around the dome. The controls were a bit clunky at first, but it worked out pretty well after a second round of calibration. Didn't seem too clunky at least imo just from watching. Might be some slight delays though.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Talking about pc multiplayer I enjoyed BFBC2 a lot. Sadly my aged pc wont run BF3.
    On the other hand it seems capable of running COD MW3 more or less fluently. I never played any of the COD series games and always considered them simplistic and full of teenage haxors.
    However I feel the urge to own a few russians with a m16 or such so Im considering buing it...