Videogame News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Old Republic? You goingto play it.

Beta tested it last weekend, and it was far better than I had hoped. It reminded me alot of wow, but in a good way. Bioware pretty much stated that they have implemented a lot of features that worked well for wow, which honestly makes sense. It does feel like a much more serious, story-driven game than wow though, (at least the wow that exists today) as each class has their own storyline with personal "story areas" (think instances only your character can enter), which works really well imo.

The voice acting and dialogue options is another thing that I really liked. It's extremely well done and your character feels a lot more "alive".

Since I only tested it for 2 days, I wasn't able to make it into the endgame, so I can't comment on that, but from what I've seen on youtube, it looks great.

Of course there's also the fact that I really like the star wars universe in general, so my opinion may be a bit biased. But I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes mmo's.

There's nothing new besides the voice acting.

I guess after reading the comments here, its time for me to recognize that I'm totally not hip at all. Everything this game tries to do minus voice acting is done better in wow (and directly ripped from wow). I reacted to the story the same way (its nice to have a few more details about what you're doing), but it adds nothing to the multiplayer long term.

Note: I am NOT a wow fan boy as I haven't really enjoyed it since Vanilla and there's a lot of other MMOs I'd rather play.

Nothing about that game jumps out at me as a reason I'd want to pay a sub for it. I've tried most MMO's out there and settled on a niche one for years but even that got old.

If Zarniwoop says SWToR won't be good, it will 100% become the best MMO . There's a thread where he predicted Skyrim would be a disaster

The difference is that I played this before release.

I don't think this will be a disaster. It cannot possibly be as it delivers what millions of fans want. Better story than traditional MMO fare. It just doesn't deliver anything else that we haven't seen previously. There's nothing wrong with that. I played it and really enjoyed it. I just am not able to see myself playing it a year from now is all.

Skyrim DID suffer the failings I listed, but what I didn't expect, and what almost NEVER EVER happens in the game industry, is streamlining along with MASSIVE, HUGE work going into other areas of the game to make them outrageously beyond anything ever seen in the game industry. I can count on ZERO fingers the times that's happened before. By all measures, Skyrim is my game of ... well the best newly released game I have played since at least 2004. Nothing else that I can think of in that time period really comes close to what Bethesda has accomplished, bugs and all.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    The difference is that I played this before release.

I don't think this will be a disaster. It cannot possibly be as it delivers what millions of fans want. Better story than traditional MMO fare. It just doesn't deliver anything else that we haven't seen previously. There's nothing wrong with that. I played it and really enjoyed it. I just am not able to see myself playing it a year from now is all.

Skyrim DID suffer the failings I listed, but what I didn't expect, and what almost NEVER EVER happens in the game industry, is streamlining along with MASSIVE, HUGE work going into other areas of the game to make them outrageously beyond anything ever seen in the game industry. I can count on ZERO fingers the times that's happened before. By all measures, Skyrim is my game of ... well the best newly released game I have played since at least 2004. Nothing else that I can think of in that time period really comes close to what Bethesda has accomplished, bugs and all.
    Hmm, and I thought I'd just skip Skyrim as I already have too many games on my to play-list. Now I feel I owe it to myself to get it. Damn you! ;-)

I ended up with getting the game. Currently sitting on a lvl 16 Juggernaut with Cybertech crafting, Scavanging gathering and Underworld Trading missions. It's quite a fun game tbh, and hopefully they have a decent end game and are able to push out new updates efficiently as well.

There are some bugs still, and a lot of improvement can be made in several areas. But I'll give them some time and see how they deal with what needs to be done.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Currently I got a lvl 46 Juggernaut, same crafting profs. I have to admit I'm dissappointed with the crafting system. It's good in a way that it doesn't need you to stay at some station while crafting, or run around the world gathering mats (although you can do that as well). But it seems like there's a lack of useful stuff to make, at least for cybertech. Also at lvl 50, the best things you can make (as a cybertech), is inferior to what you can buy doing daily missions. Sure it's nice to have when making an alt, and for those who buy stuff while lvling. But if you make your own stuff, or just roll with what you get from mission rewards and drops off dungeons, it will easily be enough to carry you to 50. So most profs aside from biochem (making stims and medpacks) seem kinda pointless.

There's some bugs I feel also should've been dealt with before the game launched, but I'll withold judgement on that until the first major patch.

Haven't gotten to see end game yet though obviously, so still excited for that!

Its honestly not even up to WoW's standard.

It certainly doesn't suck, but jesus, I'm shocked by how vanilla it is.

There is nothing new here minus the voice overs. Go kill 10 of these, click 10 of those.

Level 30 and getting bored.

True it doesn't innovate anything bar the voice overs. But I'm enjoying myself so far. Just reached 50 a couple days ago, and just taking it somewhat slowly (for someone who has a lot of time on his hands atm).

Looking forward to seeing how hardmode flaspoints end up being, and especially what awaits in operations.

Also my guild have killed a couple world bosses too! Some are quite an interesting fight.

I should probably mention that my only other MMO is Rift, and I only got to around T2 dungeons, right before raiding when I quit. So I'm probably not as bored with the MMO style of things as others might be.