Videogame News

PC players excluded from Battlefield 3 tournament

EA and Virgin Gaming will host an online Battlefield 3 tournament with a combined prize fund of $1.6 million USD; but if you're a PC player, you won't be taking part.

More...

Re: PC players excluded from Battlefield 3 tournament

This is just another reason I'm done with all the stripped-down, consolized shooters. And yes, consolized IS a dirty word these days. And I know EXACTLY what it means.

To be clear, there's nothing inherently wrong with consoles, nor is there anything wrong with the pursuit of maximum dollars for your game. I just personally despise every person in a suit that has decided dumber is better as long as it pays well. Again, I get why they do it, and you can argue that they are being financially responsible by destroying the production of deep, engaging gameplay.

This headline boils down to "PC Gamers would destroy their primary audience (console players) in any match with equal quality players due to the finer control provided by PC peripherals, possibly alienating them. Since they have to alienate someone, let it be the smallest market".

I already cancelled my preorder over their retarded EA Origin requirement, which sucks, because it look like a tremendous game.

But seriously, **** them and their idiocy.

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

We still do have Battlefield 2, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    I already cancelled my preorder over their retarded EA Origin requirement, which sucks, because it look like a tremendous game.

But seriously, **** them and their idiocy.
    I cancelled my pre-order because I just didn't enjoy the game, but I will say it felt really good uninstalling Origin.

IncGamers Member

I installed the beta downloaded a retarded program and had to jump through a million hoops and a couple retarded restrictions. After all that I get thrown into a really weird feeling FPS shooter. I typically love fps shooters like counter strike and a couple good consoles like kill zone etc, but this felt weird. I run around for about an hour before getting disconnected by the weird *** program and immedietly with out thinking closed it all uninstalled and removed the stuff from my comp.

One of the worst experiences ive had with a FPS. Pretty disappoibnting. Good thing I've never played BF1 =P