Videogame News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Have they made any other games?

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

I don't believe they have, but there are several talented people there.

R. A. Salvatore as lead story guy, then there is an art guy froim Spawn, and another guy from TES IV Oblivion and whatnot. They've made this game, and at the same time are working on an MMO set in the same universe.

I haven't played any related games (oblivion, skyrim, fable, etc...). However, I am currently playing through this game and have been loving it so far. I'm 15ish hours into the game. I've tried tons of side quests which are better than most quests from WoW, I'd say. And the faction quests are REALLY fun. I found myself having a hard time logging off during a faction quest line.

And as some folks have noted, the game is all-about the combat. It's quite fun. You're forced to move/position yourself in the major fights to stay alive. And the gear rewards are always fun. I also liked the RPG-aspects of the game (how you build your character, the concept of destinies, how crafting works, etc...)

-Floydman

Ohhhh.

I kinda forgot about this thread. Game was put on hold since... well since a while due to co-op Dungeon Defenders action with SK taking up the spare time I have for single player games. Don't mind at all of course, but I'll hopefully get backt o this after logging a few more hours in the game. xD

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Well I finished the demo a couple hours ago and I hope the actual retail version isn't this buggy. I was unable to loot a large portion of corpses and chests. The camera is bonkers, no control at all. I'm still not sure what the hell the radial is for, nor do I know how to equip/assign things to keys 1- uh 10 I think it was. Going into Reckoning mode only seems to work whenever the hell it wants to, full bar, hold x, no Reckoning mode. Combat can be a real pain due to the camera issue I mentioned. Navigating the menu, this is the real kicker for me. Seeing as you have to stop play and go into the menu for everything, making it quicker to navigate seems like it would've been a high priority.

The good stuff, the combat is interesting when the camera doesn't screw it up. I like the complexity of it, even though I'm still not sure how to pull off most of the combos. The small bits of the story I experienced made me want to learn more. The graphics were pretty good, I didn't notice any jagged edges or glitches. The characters you interact with are interesting and well voiced. The few quests I did were interesting as well with the plot twists and turns that I expect from R.A. Salvatore. Overall, it's a fun game and one that I'll pick up when I have the money.

KoR:A is a very nice game, played the demo on Steam, currently waiting for some promotion/discount to kick in and im buying the game

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by aoetje View Post
    KoR:A is a very nice game, played the demo on Steam, currently waiting for some promotion/discount to kick in and im buying the game
    http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-KOARU...r-reckoning-uk

50% off on Gamersgate.

Hmm. Still haven't gotten around to finnishing this game. I play it now and again, but for now the story can't quite capture me.

The combat is pretty good, and the item hunt is fun. But atm I can't get the story to drive me forwards. Next time I play the game, I'll just place all side quests on hold and do the main quest to see where that takes me.

Any more thoughts on this game.

It looked dumb as dirt, but I want to make sure I'm not missing a real classic title.

Honestly I don't think you'll be missing out on a classic. However if you like the type of gameplay that KoA:R offers, then you might want to look into getting this game. Just note that a lot of people find the camera angles in the game to be horribad! The side quests are ok-ish. Some terrible, some quite good, but most are just avarage. Haven't progressed the main story much either. I also feel as though some of the side quests take up so much time, and there are also a lot of side quests. Which means if you're a little like me who tries to complete as much as possible, it's easy to get bogged down and feel like you're not progressing much.

Haven't played around too much with the crafting, but from what I've seen it looks pretty damn fun! A bit confusing at first in what you need to do in order to find some better materials to craft with.