Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

If you like rpg games like Oblivion then this game is for you. It is a single player open world rpg with a Diablo style loot system. 38 Studios is also making a mmo from this ip as well. Take a look!

Link: http://www.ea.com/reckoning

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Really looking forward to this game as it was created by my favorite author!

IncGamers Member

This comes out next month.I'm not sure what to think of it,mostly wondering what type of loot system as it doesn't look like its that bigger thing it seems like its more about visuals than stats (other than damage)where items are concerned.Reminds me more of Messiah might and magic than a game like Two worlds 2,Gothic etc.

The spell/skill system seems like it will be good and it's an open world which is a big plus.

IncGamers Member

The demo is awful. This isnt anything like Oblivion/Skyrim, its just Fable, with corridor-exploration with some fork-ways for additional content, its as explorable as FFX on the PS2 was.

The game is also very floaty, its like your character has no weight at all. Its an overhyped game that will certainly fail before becoming an MMO. Speaking of which, the outdoor area is EXACTLY like the forests in WoW, almost copy-pasted it.

I would compare it closer to a Teken/Dynasty Warrior fight system with elements of Fable as far as Magic/skills, etc. Looks pretty awesome. Saddened to hear that the Demo was awful I was really looking forward to trying it out. I may just wait for release. Either way I am pretty excited about it.

IncGamers Member

Downloading the demo.I think its selling point is actually the combat from watching the videos,It doesn't actually look like an RPG but more like a pure hack n slash like God of war or something.

After playing,Definitely a console game.Didn't seem innovative or anything,graphic are not up to date seem chunky.Didn't seem terrible though no awkward camera and control system like some games I could mention your n ot forced into using a Joypad or anything.

Would I buy it probably not I have too many better games I can spend my time on.

Last edited by kavlor; 23-01-2012 at 14:18.

I did try the demo version and it felt quite good, better than Fable 3 which is a similar game I played last year. The camera control was horrible though and that's the biggest issue I had with the demo. The character often rolled out of the screen while fighting enemies, and there was no way to zoom out or anything. I would've preferred if the camera stood behind the character most of the time, like in other third person games (Fable for example).

The inventory management was the other issue. Every time you get a new item you have to go around this horrible menu system, much worse than Skyrim's menu I'd say.

But gameplay itself was enjoyable. The idea that you can do different combos and block abilities was great. Fable only had a few, click to attack and hold down to power up the attack mostly. Although you don't get very far with the story, it was interesting and so was the world around you.
    It felt very much like a single player MMO for some reason but I think it has potential. If I'm not too busy and the camera issue has a workaround, I'll pick it up.

I've started downloading the game, and watching the recorded videos of Day9 playing (did stream) this game. Now the game itself looked pretty fun, and that's the kinda game I've missed playing since D2 or so.

But I got to part 7 of his videos, and omg Curt Schilling came online for an interview with Day9. Curt is the foundar and chairman of the company behind the game. This guy said their company consists of gamers, they want to make games for gamers, and they want to listen to their fans. Now if this had been said by some random guy in a video game company, I might've thought "oh that's nice, but I'll give it some time and see how they handle their game". But this guy came online during a stream marathon to interview with the different people streaming. And he's one of a few from what I understand that will do interviews with the different streamers.

Also there was a poll where the streamer who won the poll would get a voiceover part in the MMO they're creating.

Coonsider me excited for this game and company! It's been a long time since I've seen a game company be this involved with the community, especially so early in the games life.

Let me know what you think of it Kori. I might consider buying it.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Official Moose
    It's better to burn out than to fade away

Quote Originally Posted by Skjolde View Post
    Let me know what you think of it Kori. I might consider buying it.
    Will do! Download is at 93% already which is awesome.

Btw these dev guys seem really cool. Giving away free game codes for steam and origin, giving away graphics card, a real life hammer that is a replica of an item in game etc. Really cool imo, and I'm starting to become more and more excited over this game company.