Community Notice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6th class?

IncGamers Member

Re: 6th class?

or an illusionist !

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    dex/int and oriental flavour? Can consider the oriental nun skilled in kungfu, something fairly common in chinese swordfighting movies.
    I'm hedging my bets on a kung fu nun!

Quote Originally Posted by samithedood View Post
    I'm hedging my bets on a kung fu nun!
    I think this would be the best thing ever. C'mon GGG give your fans the kung fu NUN! It's so perfect. All the classes are individuals that have been exiled from their homeland. An exiled nun? that practiced kung foo? HERESY!

IncGamers Member

An assassin would actually be awesome, but since it's a rogue-ish character like the duelist maybe they won't be going that route.

IncGamers Member

My only hope: a character who can create traps. Thats would make my game.

Quote Originally Posted by reiv View Post
    My only hope: a character who can create traps. Thats would make my game.
    Due to the way the skill system works if one could make trap's all of them could, that's the beauty of the system.

It wouldn't be to far fetched with a class that specializes in traps since it's going to be a dexterity / intelligence build. There is a ranger though and they may have traps.

IncGamers Member

I have an ongoing discussion on PoE forums with beta tester Bringer, and I feel I should throw some light on the topic.

First of all, classes in PoE are kinda loose - they are not necessarily defined by what skills they use beacuse all classes can use any skills if they meet the attribute requirements.

A class simply favours one attribute (pure classes) or two attributes (hybrid classes). When your character level up, you get points into passive skills, which in turn gives you a certain amount of attribute points distributed into STR, DEX and INT. The witch, for instance, will get more points into INT than the other classes per skill point invested in the skill tree.

Lets say im a mage and i really like shooting fireballs, i wish i could shoot lots of fireballs. So i take interest into the support skill which multiplies projectiles fired. It is a dex based gem, meaning it has a steep dex requirement. Not really within the effective realm of the witch, but the not yet announced dex/int hybrid.. now that may be able to easily have both a high level fireball as well as high level dex based support gems to link it to. And now the dex/int class is shooting multiple fireballs at extra speed who pierce targets and explode multiple times per volley.
    (Bringer)
    I asumed the INT/DEX class would be played a "glass cannon" beacuse of the DEX based multishot gem. And that the class is also evasive (like D2 blocking, but with a % chance of some hits getting by and do full damage, if I understand correctly). "Evasion" is something you get on armor-like items that require DEX (I think, pretty sure! But I'm not playing beta so don't quote me).

In the beta, you can actually find skills and items that a pure version of the 6th class (a character with skill tree choices towards equally high DEX and INT) will be using. It gives us a good hint on how that class will be played and what it might be.

Unfortunately, I don't play the beta and have no clue which skill gems are DEX/INT-based :(

So, for more clues, what weapons does the 6th class have?

Well, the only int/dex weapons are daggers and claws. Of course, at least the way things are right now, a hybrid should have no problem getting enough stats to use one of the 'pure' weapons of its type, so bows are certainly a possibility (as are wands). There are pure dex swords also.
    (Bringer)
    And what other equipment?

The armor is a mix of evasion and energy shield, which i think is better than either pure evasion or pure energy shield, because the problem with energy shield right now is that once it goes down you pretty much have to run away until it comes back up, getting hit by more than a few enemies just permanently stunlocks the witches health pool (i think, but im not sure, than the game works on a system where if you take more than a certain percent health on a hit it puts you into a recovery animation)

Likewise evasion can be very effective at avoiding hits, but you do get hit sometimes and if you get unlucky you can be spiked down very fast.

Also the name of the int/dex armor pieces are things like "theifs" "elegent" "masters". The head pieces are masks, like masquerade masks.
    (Bringer)
    Certainly looks like an assassin to me, but I hope for something a bit more original, when the unknown skills gems are taken into account. Int skills are Witch/magic:ish ... so a magic using assassin, perhaps? (guessing on the skills a bit)

Drizzt, anyone? The Forgotten Realm Dark Elf good guy.

Last edited by MeltyruZ; 14-08-2011 at 00:04.

IncGamers Member

Druken Panda. I called it.

IncGamers Member

masks are for illusionists !