Latest PoE News
Community Notice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6th class?

IncGamers Member

Re: 6th class?

Quote Originally Posted by svidikus View Post
    Gah, beat me to it. +1 to Druid.
    Just remember that they stated they aren't going to be putting in a dedicated healing class / support role, so it'd be really interesting to see what they would do if it is Druid.

Of course seeing the passive skill trees in game might give good insight into what type of class makes sense! Who knows when that will be though hehe

IncGamers Member

screw your "plus one", just give me key if you win ;D

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkxzero View Post
    Just remember that they stated they aren't going to be putting in a dedicated healing class / support role, so it'd be really interesting to see what they would do if it is Druid.

Of course seeing the passive skill trees in game might give good insight into what type of class makes sense! Who knows when that will be though hehe
    Druids don't have to be healers. I'm thinking more of a summoner type, "darker" druid. Kinda like in LoD, but instead of shapeshifting he would use ranged attacks.

Though you're right, a look at the passive trees might help figure it out haha

IncGamers Member

Assassin or summoner/shapeshifter class. I personally hope for something like D3 monk, but because there is already the Templar, "holy class", I doubt that will happen.

Are there any summons in the game as is? would be awesome if some of the skill gems were summon skills. I think it would bew a shame if there aren't any as i love a good summon, I Understand they have pet's of some sort though. As for the mystery class? I don't think it'll have a standard name, none of them had thus far but i have heard talk of an eastern influenced class, so I guess monk/assassin would make sense.

IncGamers Member

There is a "raise zombie" spell. And also a spell that summons specter, it's on the last "screenshot of the week".

listening to the podcast and it says, there are minions so I am happy!

IncGamers Member

Yes, at this stream (http://de.twitch.tv/youvegotmailgoodbye) guy plays witch and he summons zombies, revives and uses enemies and right now he looked into skill tree where were skills like "minions extra life" or "minions explode" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaorderGradient View Post
    What do you think the 6th class is going to be?

They effectively said it was going to be a hybrid of the intelligence/agility variety. This isn't exactly the most typical archetype games have. The only thing that comes close would be something like a ninja, but the game doesnt seem to have much eastern influence for that specifically.

Thoughts?
    dex/int and oriental flavour? Can consider the oriental nun skilled in kungfu, something fairly common in chinese swordfighting movies.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, most likely in my opinion its going to be something like a druid, or some other shapeshifter, since that what theyre missing from the game atm.