Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Age of Conan now free to play.

Looks like Age of Conan just went free to play, so if you've been considering trying it or giving it another shot if you quit before, now would be a good time.

I played it when it first came out, but ended up quitting because of all the bugs and, mainly, the lack of content. Huge potential got wasted because it was rushed out the door. Seems to have made something of a comeback though. Still a bit buggy, but plenty of content now. Also it seems that they are working on a tie in with the new Conan movie.

Do note, however, that its a hybrid model. Free accounts have access to a lot of stuff, but not as much as paying accounts. You only have access to four classes (one of each archetype) for example. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=233500

Re: Age of Conan now free to play.

Hmm. May check it out.

Thanks for the news.

Was actually looking for a free mmo? Guessing it's mmo? Never heard of AoC, but I'll try it out.

Yeah, its MMO. Like WoW, but more decapitations and nudity as well as fewer trolls and rainbows.

Play a mage class and you get an ability that lets you rip someone's heart out Temple of Doom style.

Is this a glitch or does it take forever to download?
    I don't have the fastest connection but it's not a that bad?

Was going to try Duke.... but @ $50.00 decided maybe a free Conan would be better.... I guess I should attempt to find the full version and just buy it?

Is this game brilliant or even must play?

If not, I have no time for another banal mmo.

They've got a new trailer out, for those that are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip10thMtn
    Is this a glitch or does it take forever to download?
    I don't have the fastest connection but it's not a that bad?
    Its not a glitch and its not your connection. Its just a huge game. Something like 30GB. You could go buy it and install it that way, but then you'd have to wait for it to download the latest updates. You're better off just being patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
    Is this game brilliant or even must play?
    I think so. At least its one I would have regretted missing out on. Reviews for it have been pretty good also.

man - I can't find the correct stuff to "turn off" so the game doesn't lag out! It is a fun game but I'm surprised my system can't handle it? I don't mind standing around a bit but it's worse than DII for getting killed due to lag (non PVP).

Certainly worth a go since it's free!

Seems like things have changed since I played as I rolled conqueror without paying a buck. But it was great fun, the brutality. In Acheronian Ruins I too, however, started to get the lag/disconnects to the point of frustrating deaths.

Yeah, every so often it seems like they start having some problems with lag spikes. Most of the time I don't have any problems, but there are some times where it gets annoying.

Also certain areas seem to kill my frame rate. Mostly areas with a lot of particle effects, like thunder river. I'll be fine with about 48 fps, then suddenly it drops to around 3 for a couple seconds. I'm running with DX10 and high settings though. Haven't needed to adjust anything yet.

Only advise I can really give is the basic stuff. Check for latest video card drivers, kill running background apps, adjust view distance and particle density, etc.

I remember anticipating this game, I then realized my computer couldn't handle it after buying... :( Disappointed me.... I forgot I had it but I will definitely try to play it again