Videogame News
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Sins of A Solar Empire

Anyone playing or played this one?

I know a few people that play and I'm contemplating getting involved.

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire

Trailers:

Gameplay:

Re: Sins of A Solar Empire

Reminds me WAYYYY too much of Eve Online.

Banned

Or a more adanced version of Star Trek Armada.

Some differences: You don't have to pay to play, this is the only reson I bought it last night.I managed a digital download of sins plus two expansions for $9.95 US. Pretty good deal I think.

I onlt went through one of the early tutorials last night and have not yet fully got the hang of it but it looks interesting.

IncGamers Member

Its great. I've only played single player trying to get the hang of it but it's massive. When you get into the largest maps its hard to keep all your bases covered. I love going into systems and taking out 4 to 5 planets in a row with thousands of ships just to see that another group has come behind me in another galaxy attacking my defenseless systems. It can be hard to keep all of it under control.

I love turn based strategy.

I'm not sure how well this would work for me.

I've owned it for years, but have yet to play it. Can't seem to find the time when my brain isn't fried.

Banned

I played my first game against an easy NPC with pirtates turned off yesterday...I thought I was doing fine, but I made some mistakes for sure.

I'm going to have to play this one more...

IncGamers Member

It took me a few weeks to finnaly get to the point that I could finish a game. I play the big maps with 6-8 normal NPCs and no pirates. Pirates slow down your progress just way too much to even keep up with any one else. Do the missions that other factions give you. Its the only way you can gain wealth in the game. Upgrade your planets infastructure quickly so that they dont deduct from your tax income. Also build up your Empire tree to get the trading port ASAP and build them on any world that you can. The extra income is well worth the extra effort. Find choke points on your maps and pile up your forces there so that your not spread out too much. Also get the hanger defense platforms soon as well they are a great defence against small forces. Hopefully giving you enough time to get a fleet to the planet. Hope some of that helped.

Banned

I've started playing this one again, currently playing the second expansion Entrenchment.

I might post some screenshots and short vids of some of the battles I've been in. I feel like I'm getting the hang of it.

I may pick this up to play with the new compy I got. Let me see some footage!

Banned

I'd have to load it on filefront or something...it records as you play. But the youtubs vids are the same thing.

Won't be tonight for sure. Though i think right now you can get the original + two X Packs for 19.99.