Videogame News

Dungeon Siege 3

I normally wouldn't make a thread solely devoted to bashing a game, but man.
    Did you play the steam demo? I don't know where to begin.

The game starts with the same "cinematic" intro completely devoid of anything even remotely interesting that companies have been puking out since the 90s. You know the type, the RPG intro with the drawn-on-paper look with cheesy sound effects talking about a war that occured that you couldn't possibly care about.

I entered the game, finally, and thought well it looks okay I guess. Bland art direction, but lots of little particle effects which really tugged at the strings of my tiny attention span. I started playing and...I just didn't care. I was zoned out the entire time.

It's a clickfest, an obvious console port, feels nothing like a PC game, and it has one of the worst menus I've ever seen. Just awful. Combat was boring and confusing because it was incredibly hard to target what you wanted to target. The skill system was cluttered, also confusing, nonsensically broken up into different parts with different menus. Just made no sense to me. Funny because I thought about making this a day one purchase just to try to satiate my ARPG lust but I wouldn't even call it an arpg. It's just a thing that makes shinies and sounds.

I can't remember the last time I started playing a game and my only real reaction to it is "I just don't care".

Re: Dungeon Siege 3

Yeah. I found that I have WAY more fun playing Terraria.

I never could get into the dungeon siege games. Bought the first one, played it for maybe an hour, two at best. Its been collecting dust ever since, and as yet I haven't seen anything from the other games that would make me even consider giving the title another shot.

Tilitoon,

We are aware of the current issues with Dungeon Siege III and are working towards a solution as fast as possible. In the meantime, a fix to your problems would be to play the game on PS3.

Regards,
    The Dungeon Siege III Team

We've hit the abyss.

For the next 5-10 years all content will be banal and designed for idiots.

That's not an exaggeration.

Your only hope is indie titles, which while great sometimes, fail to achieve that epic scope of the great games of the past.

I really miss PC gaming.

I've been stocking up on great older games (even from the 90s) to weather the storm.

And to anyone that thinks I'm overstating it, congratulations, you're a target audience.

IncGamers Member

Enjoy the co-op....whoops

So consolitis claims another victim. Even though its a game that failed to impress me to begin with, it still hurts to witness.