Videogame News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WoW?

Banned

Re: WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Risingred View Post
    The trial is awful. The game is plagued with gold sellers who are spamming trade channels, who will whisper you telling you to get keylogged on their gold selling sites, all kinds of crazy (and sometimes incredibly creative) marketing.

These gold sellers were using trial accounts because they had nothing to lose. So in a trial account, I think you can only get to level 10 (which takes like an hour if you know what you're doing), you can't whisper people, can't talk in chat channels, and you can't trade with other players. It's pretty much a solo experience, and the game doesn't truly begin until you get your first talent point, which is level 10.

Playing the trial will really sour your experience and overall opinion of the game if you don't know about these limitations. And no, trial time doesn't stack. If you do the trial and choose to purchase the game, just put the key on your bnet account and start over, because if you "upgrade" from the trial key, it can take them up to three days to lift the trial restrictions on your account. If that makes sense.
    No so true.

Trial accounts can level to 20, have a max of 20 gold, and can talk to other players. The catch is that the other player has to talk to them first. True you get your first talent point at 10, but most classes do not start coming into their own until around level 20. It's not really a solo experience as you can party with others.

The goldsellers will try anyway they can to get you to buy, but it's not much different from the item shoppers of DII. I myself have only gotten one or two tells from them over the last few months....just report, ignore and move on. The GM's tend to act quickly and reliably... which is more than I can say about DII.

It's not that playing the trial will sour your experience, its more like going into the game by yourself.... that's why I suggested seeking friends.

Mmm, you're right Gorny. They've changed it since I last read about it.

Here's the official blurb from the WoW FAQ:

The following restrictions are placed on all Classic Trial Accounts:

- A level cap of 20.
    - A maximum of 10 gold.
    - Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
    - Inability to trade via the auction house, mailbox, or player-to-player.
    - In-Game public chat channels will be unavailable. (Players will still be able to communicate using say, party, or whispers).
    - Characters will be unable to create or join existing guilds.
    - Accounts will no longer be able to whisper other players unless they have been added to those players' friends lists or have received a whisper from them first.
    - Characters will not be able to invite players into a party.
    - Characters will not be able to join parties with other players above level 20.
    - Voice Chat is disabled on trial accounts.
    - Realms with login queues will give priority to customers with retail accounts.
    - Will not be eligible for any Character Transfer service.
    - RealID features are disabled on trial accounts.

So even if you do hook up with friends in the game, you're still going to be pretty limited. I went into the game by myself and I was fine, but this was back when the game first came out.

Banned

Well it's a trial and not the full version...

Quote Originally Posted by Gorny View Post
    Well it's a trial and not the full version...
    ...I realize that. The entire point of me posting what the limitations were is to get a new player ready for them. It could be really off-putting if they weren't aware of them beforehand. I know why they are there, and I agree with it. That wasn't my point.

IncGamers Member

part of 4.2 they giving subscribers free wow keys(not trial) to give to your friends

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

refer a friend also extends to lvl80 now, and burning crusade expansion is effectively free

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Malfamato View Post
    part of 4.2 they giving subscribers free wow keys(not trial) to give to your friends
    To clarify, it's not a full account.

It's what they call a starter account, and you're capped at level 20.

Full restrictions:

The following restrictions are placed on all Starter Edition Accounts:

- A level cap of 20.
    - A maximum of 10 gold.
    - Trade skills are capped at 100 ranks.
    - Unable to trade via the Auction House, mailbox, or player-to-player.
    - In-game access to public chat channels unavailable. Players are limited to communicating using only say, party, or whisper.
    - Characters will be unable to create or join guilds.
    - Characters are not able to send whispers to other characters unless they have been added to the characters' friends lists or have received a whisper from a character first.
    - Characters will not be able to invite other players into a party.
    - Characters will not be able to join parties with other characters above level 20.
    - Voice chat disabled on Starter Edition accounts.
    - Realms experiencing login queues will prioritize players who have full, paid accounts.
    - Starter Edition accounts are not eligible for character transfers
    - RealID features are disabled on all Starter Edition Accounts.