Videogame News

Thread: LA Noire

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

LA Noire

When I first heard of this game it was as if someone specifically designed a game around what I would want in terms of locale and atmosphere, I'm a nerd for old Hollywood and LA in general

now I can get lost in LA in fiction as well as reality!

Its been a pretty fun experience so far, started out feeling clunky and forced in the tutorial but once the game reached its normal playing experience it started to feel right, and sucked me in completely. There was one case where the first couple pieces of evidence made me 100% sure what had happened and it was kind of a pain getting my stupid character to realize it too, but its better than watching a detective show when they just ignore important evidence until the last 3 minutes to solve things just in time.

Has anybody else tried it? I got a great deal at K-Mart, got a free $20 game and a $20 coupon for a future purchase, the deal is detailed on cheapassgamer if anyone wanted to look, let me know if anyone else gave this game a shot.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Re: LA Noire

this makes me happy. the game looked interesting and was hoping to hear a good review.

I can't find any Mexicans, which is troubling, I went to Olvera St. and couldn't even get a churro, there was just a white dude with a hot dog stand

I guess the only Mexicans in 1947 LA are gang members, so this game tells me

grumble...

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

:cry: Leo is sad.

got some 1947 realism now, when I had a POI that was mexican, instead of knocking on the door and interviewing, we kicked the door down and beat them up, its the LAPD!

I believe it bears a disturbing resemblance to Who framed Roger Rabbit...

I'd love to play it. If only it were PC I would have. I read the review on Incgamers and it sounded just the sort of thing I would enjoy.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

I bought it on release day and beat it on release day. Horribly underwhelmed. The story has some of the most ***-backwards turns I've ever seen in a video game, the most nonsensical "what are you doing?" kind of decisions. It's like they edited the story for the game but never ended up patching up the rough spots that remained in the vacuum. The ending was just awful in every way imaginable.

The interrogations were largely nonsensical, often if you accused someone of lying and had evidence, it wouldn't work because it wasn't the exact piece of evidence the game was programmed for. I just thought it was kind of boring, like RDR, GTA without the zany fun of hijacking a helicopter and crashing it into a bank or something. I don't understand why they made it open world.

But the dialogue wasn't atrocious, which is rare for me to say about a video game. The voice acting was pretty good, and the facial animations were excellent. There was just so little in the game. I'd say it's a renter. I ended up being the first person in my city to trade it in, and I picked up the Witcher 2 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    I'd love to play it. If only it were PC I would have.
    It looks like your (and mine) prayers have been answered.
    Rockstar Games announced about a week ago that L.A. Noire is coming for PC this fall.
    I really hope Red Dead Redemption will make an appearance on PC as well.