Videogame News
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: witcher 2 out today! has anyone purchased it yet?

I could move this thread into there, but that would be overstretching my competences . Better report it ("!" button to the left of the posting).

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

I tooled around in witcher 1 for a few minutes. The controls on PC were so awful I put the game away.

Maybe I should try again. But, I mean I literally had never played a game that was harder to control.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    I tooled around in witcher 1 for a few minutes. The controls on PC were so awful I put the game away.

Maybe I should try again. But, I mean I literally had never played a game that was harder to control.
    you are sorta right the combat controls weren't the best in witcher 1, thou i don't think it was anything terrible. question is did you try the enhanced edition or the original one? the enhanced edition fixed a lot of the issues of lunch.

but aside from the combat and controls, I think the first witcher is a must for anyone interested in a great story and a realistic fantasy setting(realistic in how people interact and the absence of absolutism aka extreme good evil).

the witcher is to other RPG counterparts as, district 9 is to the second transformer movie. one a generic action flick which is inconsistent and thoughtless thru out, and the other is a film so well executed and thoughtful, that it transcends it's sci fi setting and is thought provoking and emotionally moving in a real world way.
    in the same way witcher's story and setting manages to transcend it's fantasy setting. it's a serious sociological/political commentary warped in the cover of a fantasy world.

The learning curve is a bit steep, but it is well worth it. The story is so well executed that it more than makes up for difficult controls.

Also, on the subject of controls, managed to get my hands on a copy of Witcher 2. Apparently everything is over the shoulder view in this one, which I don't care for at all. Wish I could zoom out for an overhead view, like in the first game, but oh well.

Not very far into the game yet, but so far its pretty good. Basically picks up just after the events of the first game and continues the story where it left off. In the dungeons getting tenderized for your execution. (That should get the people who finished the first game and haven't started the second scratching their heads. )

Oh, and for those that care about this sort of thing, if you pick the right options you get to see nicely rendered boobies in the first five minutes or so.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    The learning curve is a bit steep, but it is well worth it. The story is so well executed that it more than makes up for difficult controls.

Also, on the subject of controls, managed to get my hands on a copy of Witcher 2. Apparently everything is over the shoulder view in this one, which I don't care for at all. Wish I could zoom out for an overhead view, like in the first game, but oh well.

Not very far into the game yet, but so far its pretty good. Basically picks up just after the events of the first game and continues the story where it left off. In the dungeons getting tenderized for your execution. (That should get the people who finished the first game and haven't started the second scratching their heads. )

Oh, and for those that care about this sort of thing, if you pick the right options you get to see nicely rendered boobies in the first five minutes or so.
    did you have a save from witcher 1? I heard there are three possible ways to start the game if you have saves from the previous game.

Nope. Lost all my saves a while back. Thinking of putting Witcher 2 on hold and giving Witcher 1 another play through though.

I'm pretty sure you start in the same place regardless. Sorry shadow, but like they say, "No good deed goes unpunished." Its the dungeons for you.

I own the enhanced edition. It was so clunky I could only think "console port". But, I literally played it for 5 minutes, so I'll try it again soon.

IncGamers Member

I had no problems with the controls in witcher 1. It was an awesome game and so far the witcher 2 is as well. It's simply gorgeous.
    BUT, I actually feel Geralt was easier to manouvre(?) in the first game.

Loved the first Witcher. Will play the second one when I can get an un-censored version