Videogame News
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Skyrim a potential disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Elder Scrolls games are never multiplayer.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

A friend of mine announced he is going to be completely out of touch for unspecified amount of time when Skyrim is released. He plays on ps3 and has just ought some big screen and keeps talking about it all the time. I vaguely remember he wasnt around when Oblivion came to ps3...

Im gonna get excited about new games as soon as I buy a ps3 myself

Banned

So which consumer voted for this with their money? Assumption is the apparent sucksess of Oblivion + expansion, but the oddity is why break it?

Deus Ex was a masterpiece and each new game has descended into banality. Shouldn't poor sales say something?

My 0.02€ on Zarni's opinions.

- Stats completely removed

If they still handle stat differences well, no biggie.
    - Skills reduced from 21 to 18 (Mysticism, Athletics and Acrobatics have been cut). Levitation is gone forever it appears.

Imo Athletics & Acrobatics were always useless. anyways.

- Level scaling returns. Except THIS time, once you've visited a dungeon, its level is set forever. It can never get higher level creatures than at the level you visited it.

So the issue is a bug?

- On level up, you can boost your stamina, your health, or your magica. That's it.

I find it a bit more realistic.

- Spellmaking is gone.

It was op and a bloody joke anyways. (Spamming a vlow-cost spell over and over for levels? pff.)

- You now get perks at level up (sometimes?). This apparently is because people don't understand any system but WoW anymore.

Perks? What does that have to do with WoW? Also, I like perks. You can get cool effects from there.

- No birth signs.

They never added a whole not in the game.
    Also, they have been effectively filled with the perks.
    - Addition of finishing moves (barf)

Well, this is personal preference. I just hope they add whole lot of them so that we do not end up seeing 2-3 over and over again.
    - Leveling is even faster than in previous games

When playing TEOS, I never care about levels anyways. I just play the game and enjoy the roleplayng experience as much as I can.
    - Game world is smaller

We'll wait & see until the release. Morrowind always felt smaller than Oblivion to me.

- You will be forced into one of three roles (warrior, mage, thief) based on the skills you use most. This will determine your useless crafting skill. I'm not making this up. This makes Diablo 3 look like a wide-open design. Utter garbage.

Well, can you still use spells & other weapons like normal? (to make spellswords, monks ect possible.) I doubt it's an issue as long you can do that.

- Spells have to be equipped to be cast. Also, apparently you cannot mix and match spells although that's unclear.

Not a huge deal. Trailers did show that you can wield sword at the same time.

- The mages guild is gone (there might be some minor magic guilds of some sort, but the old mages guild is no more). Idiocy. Its like Valve deciding to get rid of the half life series.

I'd like to see the mage guild split from a one big guild into smaller ones with different trainers and rewards. The old mages guild seemed a bit lame to me anyways.

- Weapons will auto target instead of hitting whatever you swing near (like assassin's creed).

Aim-assist? If you can turn it off, it's no biggie.

I feel that you're treating Skyrim like it should be like BG

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    My 0.02€ on Zarni's opinions.
    *snip*

No offense nurman, but you're a great example of the target audience that has destroyed modern "RPGs".

I've never liked any of their games. They killed Fallout.

Banned

I liked Morrowind for the sandboxy freedom and huge and unforgiving world, there i really had the impression i was creating my own adventure and character. Oblivion was a joke in comparison and Fallout 3 eliminated everything that was great about Fallout 1&2 (which is one of my favorite game franchises of all time).

I got to see this game at PAX, and It looked incredible as far as graphics and game mechanics go. I plan on not playing Oblivion or Morrowind until this game comes out so I all but forget how to play. Then it will be like a brand new game once it hits the shelves :P

Ugh, I might have to cancel my preorder... I thought stats were simplified, not removed all together.

I JUST WANT D+D MECHANICS WITH AN INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS ENGINE OVERLAID ON TOP OF IT. IS THIS SO MUCH TO ASK ?

(goes back to trying to figure out why my dogs are dying of hunger in Dwarf Fortress)

IncGamers Member

Even if the changes they made destroy the experience the modding community will probably come to the rescue to fix all the annoyances of the game and make you forget that anything was ever changed.