Videogame News

Hellgate: London dye unlock?

I was a founder, and I pre-ordered the collector's edition, so I had all the bonuses. I really liked the dyes, especially the red one and yellow.

Re-loaded the game yesterday, going through my library of games to play them again in 3D for a little project I'm working on, and I forgot that I actually really enjoyed the game. I just wish I had access to all the stuff I paid for. : /

I tried two mods, one of them unlocked the dyes (but you had to really work for them). Regrettably, the mod rendered the game completely unplayable with crashes, freezes, hangs like you wouldn't believe.

Google has been little use. Does anyone know of a mod/hack/trainer/anything that will simply let me unlock the dyes?

Re: Hellgate: London dye unlock?

There's not a ton of HG development that's gone on in the mod community.

Hellgate:Revival is the only one I'm really aware of. I'd been thinking of trying it. What bugs are there? Is it just the rendering bugs or actual gameplay oddities?

I recently made an elite summoner and holy smokes. By the mid-40s you're effectively finished. It literally gets so hard I cannot even continue beyond Uppper Thames in elite mode nightmare difficulty.

People still play this game ? I thought that the servers were taken offline a few months after the release ?

Its only played in single player mode.

I find it extremely playable with the patch. I'm really bummed this game didn't make it. Huge potential and a lot of fun even in single player.

Revival is actually the mod that busted everything for me. The game quickly slowed down to a halt, I couldn't turn on my 3D driver/hardware, and I ended up having to unplug my computer to reboot. Twice. It was a nightmare. I had to re-install the game in order to fix it.

I'm just playing on the vanilla 1.2 patch, which sucks because I don't have stonehenge or any of the other stuff I paid for. I wish they would have just released that stuff in a quick SP patch before they went offline.