Re: Ten most overrated games of all time

CNC4 :(

/10chrlimit

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ursustas View Post
    CNC4 :(

/10chrlimit
    CNC3 also.. Silly campaign and the strategy in every map was: defend the point the AI will constantly attack every time, build up army of the best units availble, steamroll, win, repeat.
    Meh

also Spore. Quit after 15 min.

Definately Torchlight. Completely undeserving of all the praise it gets. Fun for half a play through. Flawed and broken game, which shouldn't be ignored just because it is lower priced.

Black&White.

The StarCraft2 campaign -.- Multi is good, single sucks (First big disappoint by Blizzard here.)

I've tried 3 different times to get into the Starcraft 1 single player campaign, I just can't make it past about mission 5. I just find it boring beyond words.

Didn't even buy SC2 as I heard it was essentially the same game.

I really enjoyed the single player campaigns in SC 1 and 2. Even the missions that I had to win by attrition the first time through.

I liked the SC1 SP when I first played it, but I went back through again before SC2 came out, and most of the Terran campaign *was* rather boring. The Zerg and Protoss campaigns get better, but each one is still basically trying to slowly teach you how to play each race and you only get a mission or 2 at the end of each where you can use everything. I was disappointed with how by the time you get access to all the goodies, that campaign is over. Brood War SP really hits the ground running though, and is a lot more exciting. Overall, I still like the SP in SC1 though.

I quite liked the SC2:WoL campaign! There's a bit of role-playing involved because you can have different units available depending on the order in which you do missions and you can buy different upgrades for each unit (plus the fact you can't afford to buy every upgrade, so you must pick carefully). There is still the problem of not having very many missions left by the time you get everything, but a lot of games do that. I remember playing Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries the first time through and being stoked about having all this new Clan hardware to pwn with, the BAM, game over, not even random crap missions. :/

Quote Originally Posted by stoltenberg View Post
    2, 3, 4: The Assassin's Creed series
    Because I got tired of doing the same over and over again.
    this series hurt my brain. I can't understand why this is hailed as one of the "great" games of our time. Are you kidding me? Its just doing the sam crap over and over again and then interrupted by story and then doing it some more until the game is over. Kudos on bringing this up. This is definitely on my list as one of the most overrated games. And FFxi as well. All the magazines and online communities overly anticipated this game and had great hopes and praises for it but when it came our and I received my copy and played it was the first final fantasy in my entire life I just couldn't find myself to play through and finish. To this day I haven't gone back to finish it. I just lose interest much too easily. I also don't get the change in animation to a more anime style (giant head/small body or vise versa). The characters didn't really appeal to me and they all honestly gelt like playing with a team of "Yuffie's" in FFxi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunquam View Post
    The StarCraft2 campaign -.- Multi is good, single sucks (First big disappoint by Blizzard here.)
    Well I guess maybe... they had to keep In like with standard starcraft cookie cutter play-style? Terran, Zerg, toss. I mean they have slated to have two more expansions on the way and HeartofSwarm should definitely be a great addition to a lot of unanswered questions from WoL. You have to admit tho the "challenges" and "achievement" system they implemented allows for a lot of replayability. But maybe that's just me.

Call of Duty, that is the most overrated game. SC2 was also pretty overrated, while the single player was fun the multiplayer was just boring, same stuff all over again with better graphics.

Rushster - Admin,
    IncGamers.com

SC2 is sort of a cult thing. You have to be "into" it to really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunquam View Post
    CNC3 also.. Silly campaign and the strategy in every map was: defend the point the AI will constantly attack every time, build up army of the best units availble, steamroll, win, repeat.
    Meh

also Spore. Quit after 15 min.

Definately Torchlight. Completely undeserving of all the praise it gets. Fun for half a play through. Flawed and broken game, which shouldn't be ignored just because it is lower priced.

Black&White.

Good list, I concur.

I could never get excited about Torchlight.
    Spore lasted until I got the the space age, and then there was no point. CNC3 had some good mechanics, but strategy-wise it was pretty bland: Build a massive amount of Mammoth Tanks, then steamroll.

------------------------------------------
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

I cast my vote for Crysis. Visually innovative, but a whole lot of space with nothing to do in it.
    Way over-hyped for the visuals, without the game play to back it up.