Videogame News
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Ten most overrated games of all time

How is killstreaks overpowered?

Carry the STRELA and get the scavanger perk. Nothing will last more than a few seconds, especially if 2 on your team does this.

As for dogs, shot the damn things. They die from just a couple bullets anyway.

Campeign wasn't anything special though, but I really like zombie mode. Unfortunately the maps are getting more and more gimmicky with each release.

I don't mind the perks and upgrades... and the dogs are a nice change of pace, but now it's just a bit over the top. Multitudes of perks, no good places to make the final stand, a boss that makes it impossible to camp? Crawling zombie things that spew out nova gas, monkeys that steal perks and does AoE damage?

What happened to the good ol' maps from WaW?

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

my gushing love for turn based strategy games in the other thread prompts me to mention FF Tactics here, I never understood why people loved it so much, perhaps it was their only experience with the genre

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    my gushing love for turn based strategy games in the other thread prompts me to mention FF Tactics here, I never understood why people loved it so much, perhaps it was their only experience with the genre
    I had quite a few other games under my belt like Shining Force I & II, Bahamut Lagoon, Fire Emblem, Ogre Battle. When I played FFT though, I was like "Wow, this is what this genre done super-duper double-plus awesome is like!!" I think what I liked the most about it is the more detailed focus on a few characters instead of vague focus on a bunch of characters, and how elaborate the skill system was. Not to mention the story.

I still haven't gotten around to Disgaea yet, which I've heard nothing but praise for, looking forward to that.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
    I still haven't gotten around to Disgaea yet, which I've heard nothing but praise for, looking forward to that.
    definitely worth the time if you get the chance, probably my favorite game of that generation

IncGamers Member

I have to say the majority of the "newer" Final Fantasy games are ridiculously overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed FFVII, VIII, IX, X, and XII, but my gosh some people treat them like they are gifts from the gods and no other game comes close to them. I'm not sure if they're generally overrated, but the overrating they get from their fanboys is just so terrible

Quote Originally Posted by PieColin View Post
    I have to say the majority of the "newer" Final Fantasy games are ridiculously overrated. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed FFVII, VIII, IX, X, and XII, but my gosh some people treat them like they are gifts from the gods and no other game comes close to them. I'm not sure if they're generally overrated, but the overrating they get from their fanboys is just so terrible
    Careful. I am a fanboy of X & XII

IncGamers Member

Dead Space. the gameplay is well realized, but i felt that my intelligence was insulted quite a bit due to abysmal storytelling(look Dead Space, i know you're SUPPOSED to be a B-grade horror game but that's not an excuse.) and a lack of actual horror/scariness in the game. it's awfully difficult to be scared of a pack of monsters when i can just use stasis on them then mow them down with a plasma cutter/pulse gun

I'd add Civilization to the list, TANK VERSUS SPEARMAN TANK WINS **** YOU CIVILIZATION
    This happened to me once. And the spearman was injured.

Counterstrike: Source is definitely overrated. Maybe it was just because I tried to start when others had been playing for years, but the weapons are poorly balanced, there is little control of your character because it runs on the same sliding nonsense as Half Life, and ***damned pr0n tags. That is why I quit: If I had to see one more ****ing 2G1C screenshot in high-res while I'm trying to play I would have burned myself alive.

Last edited by pancakeman; 05-08-2011 at 16:41.

IncGamers Member

Duke Nukem 3D tbqh.

IncGamers Member

i would say: Hellgate London!