Videogame News
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Re: Ten most overrated games of all time

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    The music, the atmosphere, the enemy design . . . it all just comes together into the most compelling game of it's genre that I've played.
    You've obviously never played Nethack.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You've obviously never played Nethack.
    Is it possible to still experience nethack as intended?

I've been reading more and more about it and I'd love to try it, murderous difficulty and all.

IncGamers Member

One game immidiately comes to mind: Final Fantasy X.

I discovered the Final Fantasy series around '94 or '95 and in '96 I managed to get an imported US version of FFIII/VI for the SNES (the game was never released in Europe and imports were few and far between). I played the game extensively and even though the ending could not be seen due to converter problems I loved every minute of it. About two years later I got a Playstation so I could play FFVII. I enjoyed it. A lot. I never played FFVIII as it didn't interest me for some reason, but I completely and utterly loved FFIX. To me, it is the pinnacle of the series still to this day.

My expectations were high for FFX and I very much enjoyed it, but I found it all a bit shallow. Perhaps if I go back and play them both today my opinion will be different, but a lot of the time I was playing FFX, I was thinking about things which FFIX did better: the music, the story, the art style and the characters. Simply put, FFX failed to live up to my (undeniably high) expectations.

A fellow FFIX fan eh? Loved that game to death, same with X actually, although it wasn't quite the same. But hey I was younger then, and my standards wasn't as high when it comes to games. Probably still isn't. >.>

Anyway I did try FFVIII, and have to say I didn't like that game a whole lot. Granted my English back then wasn't very good at all, so it was difficult to keep up with the story, and I felt it was jumping around all over the place all the time. Eventually got bored of the game before completing it.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member

Well yes =)

I do think that X is a great game too, don't get me wrong. But aside from the visuals I pretty much feel IX did almost everything better than X. However, this probably says more about how much I like IX, because I did buy a PS2 to get FFX after playing it at a friends house, so I certainly don't dislike it. I just feel that the praise it got was a little too much.

For example, I also feel XII is better than X, although this does not seem to be a common opinion.

Slightly OT, but it'll be interesting to see if they can fix FFXIV before the player base completely vanishes. If they succeed that might be the MMO for me.

I didn't mean to imply that it sounded like you hate X, not at all! It's imo a superb game, it just lacked that little something which was present in IX (and VII imo). XII wasn't as fun for me, but then again there was a lot of distractions for me during the first hours of the game, so didn't quite catch the storyline. I've had tons of fun with XIII though, despite it being so linear (biggest fault in that game).

It's going to be interesting indeed to see if they can get the FF MMO back on track.

Let's see if I can contribute to overrated games... ahh yes the Drivers series! I'm sure they're fantastic games for those who like them. To me it was quite the letdown. Framerate is poor, too much lag during intense scenes etc. I believe this was Drivers 3 or whatever though, so things might've changed since then.

DiabloNut.Com

As a FF fan, FFXI was the best (excluding PlayOnline) by far. VII had a great story but so did III. X sucked as a game and (at least to me) felt like an interactive cut scene since it was so insanely easy and the voice acting was.. just.. so.. bad. Plus the story sucked xD

So yeah X was totally over-rated and the only good thing about X-2 was the combat system was 10x better than X (which was a snoozefest).

I'll have to disagree there Dorjan about X. But that could be just because X was perhaps the first FF game I really played for a long period of time.

It's a strange thing with the FF series, a lot of people I talk to about those games will always say FF game X/Y/Z is the best, and that game is also the first game in the series they played.

So I'm curious Dorjan, which game in the series was your first?

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

My favourites are probably 8, 9, and 10. I enjoy the romance aspect of FFs. >_>

y u no like them? :<