Videogame News
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Ten most overrated games of all time

What im saying is that games that made and or defined entire genre arent very likely overrated games

Quote Originally Posted by Flax View Post
    What im saying is that games that made and or defined entire genre arent very likely overrated games
    That's not necessarily true. Guitar hero is wildly overrated.

Not very likely no, but overrated games is still in the eye of the beholder. So while the masses will agree that a game is in fact extremely good, there will be people who feel that it's overrated (because they only hear praise from everyone else).

Just because a game was a smashing success doesn't mean someone else's opinion of it doesn't matter anymore.

Which is exactly what's being discussed here, opinions.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member

@zarn well i dont think guitar hero is very fun but on the other hand GH and singstar brought console gaming to a whole new demographic and i respect them for that and i have even had fun with singstar (even tho that required a quite copious amount of alcohol).

@korialstraz true true, there's quite a few games that some ppl regard as the second comming but i regard as rather bland.
    But i respect innovation as i said above i dont think GH is fun but its something that has brought MANY ppl to gaming.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

guitar hero is something I could play with my sisters or my cousins, its a party game, it should be judged differently than a lot of the other games here, it does something different, and I appreciate(d) that about it

edit-added past tense since I haven't played the thing in years

@korialstraz true true, there's quite a few games that some ppl regard as the second comming but i regard as rather bland.
    But i respect innovation as i said above i dont think GH is fun but its something that has brought MANY ppl to gaming.
    This I can agree with!

While I personally might think of a game as overrated, I can also appreciate and respect companies that try to innovate.

The problem with party games and more casual console fare is that its now the root of everything we are getting on the PC for the most part. Its great that more people are "gaming", but now all the money is chasing these people and the core gamer market is being lost.

In reality, the core gaming market is now becoming almost defined as casual compared to 5-10 years ago.

Neverwinter Nights was a great game. They should have continued the franchise instead of making Dragon Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    In reality, the core gaming market is now becoming almost defined as casual compared to 5-10 years ago.
    Very much true.

Been disappointed by quite a few games, just because they're made to be so simple, and completely hold your hand from start to finnish.

I don't mind games that has a linear story, but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more difficult for crying out loud.

And no increasing the reaction time is not increasing difficulty.

IE bots in shooters, insta-headshotting you as soon as you see them.

Call of duty black ops!!! everyone loves it for what reason? the hit detection is poor, the movements are cartoon like, it feels childish, the dogs are ridiculous!!!, the killsreaks are overpowered, the zombie thing is boring, the campaign was just ridiculously over thought, oh and did i mention that how can you hit someone with 15-20 bullets but a dog can just paw you and you die, what a load of *$%@#~