Videogame News
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Ten most overrated games of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post

10. Oblivion. I am the biggest Elder Scrolls fan there is. I'm obsessive about it. I want to work for Bethesda some day as my dream job even if I have to take a 20k pay cut. And Oblivion is a great game by today's standards. Fantastic systems. The problem for me was that it wasn't as well designed as morrowind except for its questing and its systems. It felt smaller and less interesting than Morrowind for all Bethesda's claims to the contrary. It had a main quest that was possibly the most irritating and "do your own thing"-breaking in this history of sandbox games. I say this every chance I get, but if you could make a game that was 50 percent Morrowind (world design and feel), 30 percent Oblivon (systems), and 20 percent daggerfall (scope and intrigue), you'd have a perfect game. Alas, even the ES has tipped down the endless slope to consolozation.

There are numerous others, but these are the ones that leap off the page at me.

Disagreement and discussion are welcomed, but lets not make this a personal thread. It's all just opinion.
    I really want the next elder scrolls game to be good but i dont think it will.
    I really liked Daggerfall after that they slid further and further down the console slope with less customability and things like DDA etc.

IncGamers Member

I hope Skyrim'll will be good. I thought Morrowind was awesome but didn't dig the attack-miss-miss-miss-hit-miss thing.

IncGamers Member

1. Grand Theft Auto IV
    I feel like I've played games with stories like this hundreds of times, and the boring quests with the dull movie sequences without any humor did it to me.

2, 3, 4: The Assassin's Creed series
    Because I got tired of doing the same over and over again.

5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series
    The Single Player parts of these two games were surprisingly good, but I can't really see how the online part of these games got so popular. Boring maps and "wrong" weapon feeling. I'm not gonna mention realism (wouldn't like to be sent home to a hospital because I got hit in the foot with a handgun), but really? If someone kills 5 people, they suddenly have the power to call for a helicopter that will kill hordes of people in under 30 seconds? Too much for me.

6. Neverwinter Night
    I've been trying to like it many times - but I just can't make it happen. I know with myself that I should love the game mechanics and everything, but I get bored while playing it.

That'll be it for now.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    1.FFVII I do not have to explain
    I couldn't agree more

2.FFVII
    Again, you make a good point

3.FFVII
    I think we're definitely finding some common ground here

I'd add Civilization to the list, TANK VERSUS SPEARMAN TANK WINS **** YOU CIVILIZATION

I can't even believe civilization is being mentioned, even in jest.

One of the two or three greatest designs ever. Arguably, the best single player design ever.

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    I can't even believe civilization is being mentioned
    One of the two or three greatest designs ever. Arguably, the best single player design ever.
    sounds overrated to me

I did not jest

I don't claim it is a poor game, but thats a whole lot of superlatives you're throwing out

CoD - Modern Warfare 2
    CoD - Black Ops
    CoD3
    CoD - Modern Warfare 3

Easily the top of my list. I have played all of the Call of Duty series. 1, 1's expansion pack, 2, and 4 are not bad. World at war almost gets overrated but not too much. Black Ops and MW2 are there for the MP. CoD3 just was the worst all around. MW3 - already being overhyped. Don't know how good of a game it will be, but it's being overhyped by all the MW2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    sounds overrated to me

I did not jest

I don't claim it is a poor game, but thats a whole lot of superlatives you're throwing out
    Fair enough. Lord knows my list isn't going to please everyone =D

IncGamers Member

Well ppl who wherent around when civ came out cant really understand how big it was/is

Quote Originally Posted by Flax View Post
    Well ppl who wherent around when civ came out cant really understand how big it was/is
    So just because people who didn't play it on release, they can't understand how good the series is?

I've personally never been a fan of the Civ series, but I see people trying out games every week that was released years ago, and they still fall in love with it.

Just because you don't play it at released don't mean you can't fall in love with a game.

In other words, some people like Civ, some people worship it, others think of it as overrated. A list like this is purely based on ones own opinions.

Guess I shouldn't go completely OT though. Struggling to come up with a game that I feel is overrated though.

I guess maybe Fallout 3. Tried the game, since a lot of my friends told me I'd love it. They all know what kind of games I like, and we have similar tastes in games. FO3 so far haven't clicked for me though.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?