Videogame News
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Heroes of Newerth

I've never played it. And since its multiplayer only, and the people that play it are borderline insane, I probably will never even try it. Its too bad, because I've heard that its fun and well-designed.

I get pretty pointed in my remarks if some little college kid starts a rage-out on me and its just not worth it.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

^ Yeah, it is a very well designed game. It's very addicting, and once you get into the hang of it you can play for hours at a time. But let me tell you something... anyone with a competitive edge in them will make your time miserable.

I've had nice friends from this forum rage at me when I was learning to play LoL. Literally rage at me. DotA/HoN: we all make mistakes, but late at night when I'm sleepy I tend to slip up more often. I literally had a real life friend who I've gamed with since high school (practically my best friend in gaming) completely throw a tantrum (not in a joke kind of way) at me and then refuse to play with me for mistakes. On more than one occasion.

MOBA game turns competitive people into verbally abusive people. People will call out everything you do wrong (and throw an insult in there too as a bonus) even if your team is winning by a huge margin. You will hear f-bombs, n-bombs, s-bombs, c-bombs, and you will be exposed to racism beyond your wildest dreams.

Mistakes in these games are very costly (which is why everyone is just foaming at the mouth), so if you're a newbie willing to try them out, be prepared to get a lot of flak. A lot.

Haha, I normally relish in the effort people waste trying to get under my skin (I'm impervious), so sounds fun! I've never played any of these games, but they sound interesting, I might try'em out sometime.

Played this a while back. I liked Dota better but the innovations they made were quite nice. But I wasn't as hooked compared to Dota

Why play Hon when there is Dota 2? Oo

Started playing Heroes of Newerth around the same time League of Legends came out. I much prefer this RTS, but Legends still has more of a competitive edge.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Did you just say LoL is a competitive game? >_____________________<