Videogame News
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Heroes of Newerth

I have a few friends actually but they all play LoL and that game sucks dick

IncGamers Member

You should get them to sign up for hon and even refer them so you get bonus coins.

IncGamers Member

Oh I didn't know I could refer them for coins....that sounds like a decent deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Maboshi View Post
    I haven't actually played LoL but I've heard a lot of bad things about it compared to HoN. But I pretty much love HoN for the time being.
    I prefer LoL over HoN. Basically because I started with LoL, and just watched vids and read articles about HoN.

Anyway LoL appeals to the not so hardcore or even totally new players to the MOBA genre. It's not as unbalanced as many wants you to believe, but there are a few champs which have a difficult time keeping up.

But there's just now been a big patch released which fixes a few things to make it more balanced. Played about 3 games this evening, and I have to say they've done a good job. Although my fav champ from WAY back feels kinda OP. On the other hand he's easy to counter if you know how.

As for the community in LoL. The devs isn't up to par imo on communicating with their consumers. Also (and no racism intended) they seem to favor the US a lot more than EU. However that's also to some extent been remidied lately. Still the US forums see more activity from mods overall than other regions.

The people themselves are not much different from any other MOBA community. Trash talking self rightous bastards (no offence). It's perhaps among the worst gaming communities I've ever encountered. However find some nice friendly people to befriend, and LoL (and HoN too I'm sure) is a blast.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Maboshi View Post
    I have a few friends actually but they all play LoL and that game sucks dick
    Please keep it clean and civil Maboshi. Thanks.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

DOTA and it's spawns are horrible.

That's my opinion about them.

HoN is apparently F2P now. Members who bought it have some advantages I'd guess but you can try it out now if you haven't before.
    HoN - Play for Free.

IncGamers Member

Still none of the really comes to close to dota imho.

Dota might have the worlds worst player community for new players tho.
    As you are dependant on your teammates and if they **** up too bad you lose so noobs generally gets to hear not so nice opinions of them and their immediate family.

But once you get past that and actually learn the game its probably one of the best ones out there.

way superior to LoL / HoN

Quote Originally Posted by Flax View Post
    But once you get past that and actually learn the game its probably one of the best ones out there.

way superior to LoL / HoN
    I've met several, and consider myself a fairly competent LoL player. I cannot stand being around people who verbally abuse someone else for trying to learn/enjoy a game.

That's not to say I've let a few profanities slip here and there myself. But most of the time I feel those were well founded, as the person in question was absolutely despicable to others in turn, or just plain refused to take advice from others. Even when the advice was given in a well manered way as to not insult the guy/gal.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

LoL/HoN/DotA is plagued by stupid college kids who feel compelled to trashtalk everyone around them/rage constantly at everyone on their team who makes a mistake. I love HoN/DotA (LoL not so much), but all three have terrible communities. I especially hate how a typical insult would be "you're such a 12 year old kid" when everyone playing is ~18+. No, there's no one actually 12 years old playing. It's just a bunch of 18 year olds being dbags.

I was playing DotA/HoN pretty often (frequent TDAer/~1850 MMR HoN) until the people in general just made me sick of it. Racism, (useless) profanity, attacking/insulting your OWN allies, etc. Terrible.

And that's not to say I'm perfect. I always try to start off nice and calm. But generally after 4-5 games, the level of dbaggery in these games gets to me and I can't help but get angry and join in. These three games have literally turned me into an online a-hole. Not even X-Box Live where 12 year kids do exist and claim to have made sweet love to my mom over and over have ever aggravated as much as 2-3 games of MOBA.

Anyways, just to conclude in a thread I randomly necro'd, HoN/LoL/DotA is a terrible game unless you need to increase your blood pressure. Uninstalled all 3, but I'll dabble in DotA 2 once it gets formally released, but I'll limit my playing to maybe 1 game/day.

TL;DR - Don't ever buy/play any of these games unless you're the most mellow guy ever, mellow level has to be equal to JC.

Last edited by omgwtfbbqpwned; 10-12-2011 at 23:45. Reason: Made post more tame. ._.