Videogame News
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Top 10 games of all time

Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, hands down. Story and character development is in depth and intentional, the art is really nice (and easy to get used to if it's a different style than you typically see), and OMIGOSH the battle system. I dread random battles in a lot of RPGs, simply because it's monotonous "Attack, Attack, Attack, Cast spell, Summon, etc." and after the first few hours of playing the battles are just boring. The "Tales of" series has probably the best battle system the RPG genre has ever seen. It's very pliable and is just as much fun as progressing through the story

Quote Originally Posted by PieColin View Post
    Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube, hands down. Story and character development is in depth and intentional, the art is really nice (and easy to get used to if it's a different style than you typically see), and OMIGOSH the battle system. I dread random battles in a lot of RPGs, simply because it's monotonous "Attack, Attack, Attack, Cast spell, Summon, etc." and after the first few hours of playing the battles are just boring. The "Tales of" series has probably the best battle system the RPG genre has ever seen. It's very pliable and is just as much fun as progressing through the story
    I share a similar sentiment, but that is solvable to a large degree today - console games played through emulators can be(including gamecube ones) skipped through boring content with fast forward/frameskipping functions

IncGamers Member

off the top of my head and not in any order:

Dungeon Master
    Tetris
    Civ 2
    Starcraft
    Diablo 2
    Mass effect 2
    Just Cause 2
    Halflife 2
    Blades of steel
    Fifa world cup south africa
    Super Mario bros.

-CTM

IncGamers Member

Hmm, this was not limited to computer games (but I'll leave out sports), so:

(in no particular order)

World of Warcraft
    Magic: the Gathering
    Chess
    Starcraft (+Brood War)
    Half-Life
    Roborally (great, great board game designed by Richard Garfield (MtG))
    The Legend of Zelda (the original, and maybe 2 as well)
    Super Mario Brothers 3
    Poker
    Warhammer 40K

Quote Originally Posted by Twibz View Post
    in no particular order:

the halo series (minus odst)
    call of duty 4 (best fps)
    fable 1 (2 and 3 dont cut it)
    starwars battlefront 1&2 (best starwars games ever and possibly my favourite games of all time)
    This list is why I rant against consoles. =P

Not top 10 as I value most of these equally on their own level. Sorted semi by console or in the order I though of them

Mario bros
    Donkey kong
    Pac man
    Pitfall
    Space invaders
    Halo
    Grand theft auto
    Duke nukem
    Fable
    Counter strike
    Madden
    Call of duty
    Need for speed
    Perfect dark
    Zelda
    Final fantasy
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles
    Mario kart
    Starfox
    Goldeneye
    Smash bros
    Banjo kazooie
    Mario party
    Metroid
    Sonic
    Pokemon
    Crash bandicoot
    Tetris
    Tomb raider
    Resident evil
    Sins
    Sim city
    Starcraft
    Warcraft
    Diablo
    Mystery
    Angry birds
    Street fighter

Many of these have sequels, or just one title in a series that was good. I listed it, im sure you know which title was good or if the whole series was. Also, I believe most of these to be original for the most part, not some copy cat that did better. I feel they are less deserving if they stole someones idea and did better. An example would be diddy kong racing, a copy cat of Mario kart, though I feel mariokart killed them in the competition either way its an exxample.

One of the top 3 of the best MMOs ever made SWG Pre-CU. Hands down.

youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Tussan View Post
    One of the top 3 of the best MMOs ever made SWG Pre-CU. Hands down.

youtube
    I struggled with not having this on my list. It should have been an honorable mention at least. I totally agree. I was an MCH on Ahazi and loved this game desperately until they started nerfing me into oblivion.

You're in luck however, google SWGEmu and take a gander! I have to admit, its pretty darned impressive. Still probably at least 18 months from completion, but you can play right now on the "fun" server with the old codebase that has almost all professions in and working in pre-cu fashion.

IncGamers Member

in no particular order
    Portal
    Everquest 1
    Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 6
    Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Xenogears
    Earthbound
    Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Super Mario Bros 3
    Battletoads(only with 2 player haha )

IncGamers Member

These kind of lists are great, lots of games that i`ve never tried.. its hard to make order because of different genres, but my list is based on time spent..

1- Diablo 2 :lod : From times of release, when uniques were worth of trading.. remember, when d2 trading chat rolled down like grazy, and it was fun to spot good trades? Looting was so addictive that I could run mephi run multiple hours straight.

2- Final fantasy IX: I missed ff7 at release so 9 was the first one of the series, that i learned from scratch, Addictive card game, some impossible looking quests( like 1000 rope jumps in row). I remember that one night I fell asleep with pad in my hands and when I woke up, just continued playing the next day.

3- Homm 2&3 : truly the King of hot seat games.

4- Civilization 2: When you start playing this,you cant stop, it is full game at 1 sit, which means + 6 hours straight looking at the screen.

5- Cran turismo 2&3 : cant believe that no-one mentioned this serie. Gold metals in some driving test challenges were truly hard to archieve.

6- Quake1:Team fortress : This was very popular online game in Finland, good balance between classes.. Easy to play, Hard to master.

7- Syphon filter 1&2: I played both trought multiple times, enjoyable sneaking/action games.

8- Master of Orion 2: Kinda same here than civ2..

9- Tony Hawk skateboardin: Maybe 1 + 2, I played lot of these, learning long trick combos were addicting at the time.

10- Games i played as a kid - Sonics at megadrive, Marios at nes..

Its hard to remember all the great ones from one think, so I propably forgot something great