Videogame News

Need for Speed World.

Although still in beta and with limited content, I'm getting pretty hooked up with it. Planing on getting the starter pack tomorrow and a racing wheel sometimes this month.
    Is anyone else playing it? Thoughts about it?

Re: Need for Speed World.

I have tried the free version for a bit and read some tests. Not gonna buy it because :

- the steering is not well designed
    - You dont get the "world" feeling becasue everybody is just hanging out at the spots where the races start. Nobody does driving around. Huge explorable world means nothing if there is nothing to explore besides empty roads.
    - It is not free, even though it looks like it in the beginning.
    ( You can get the first 10 levels without paying anything, but after that you have to pay to get further XP,and the cool cars only come at lvl 30, so either you pay or you can drive around in your crappy car all life long )
    - Most races are won by the guy who has most luck at the collisions at the start.

- Trackmania is just the better racing game

Did it have a monthly fee? I seem to recall something about that.

No it does not. You just have to pay to get XP past lvl 10, and you can buy XP booster packs ( 25% more xp for a week or so for 5 $ ).

Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    I have tried the free version for a bit and read some tests. Not gonna buy it because :

- the steering is not well designed
    - You dont get the "world" feeling becasue everybody is just hanging out at the spots where the races start. Nobody does driving around. Huge explorable world means nothing if there is nothing to explore besides empty roads.
    - It is not free, even though it looks like it in the beginning.
    ( You can get the first 10 levels without paying anything, but after that you have to pay to get further XP,and the cool cars only come at lvl 30, so either you pay or you can drive around in your crappy car all life long )
    - Most races are won by the guy who has most luck at the collisions at the start.

- Trackmania is just the better racing game

People actually do drive around quite often. As for this luck factor of collisions you mention, that is not true. You can cause the guy in the first place to collide with the traffic by using a Traffic Magnet power up, thus giving you a chance to take his place. And if you're good enough, you can avoid the oncoming traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Did it have a monthly fee? I seem to recall something about that.
    It just a one time fee of 20 USD/Euro.

I'm happy to say that I bought the starter pack yesterday and even though the higher tracks are somewhat empty, it still offers a nice game play.