Videogame News
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Re: Starcraft 2

I've never played SC1 but got SC2 yesterday And already bnet 2.0 is having problems...

What kind of problems?

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Atleast the achievements and portrait weren't loading. And some people were getting kicked out of games I think. There was a nice 53 page thread on the technical support forums

Ahh. Yea I've heard of that as well. Haven't had any problems with it personally, but last I heard they're working with the problem. >_>

Is there any map-makers out there that have tested the Galaxy editor yet?

I've been looking at a couple forums, reading guides/tutorials, and the amount of cool stuff that can be done is just amazing! I would actually like to try and make some custom maps for SC2, mainly inspired by some already existing WC3 custom maps. Hero Survival type games and tower defence games. So anyone else out there (experienced or not) want to try their hand at some map-making?

Seen it before. I lol'd.

IdrA is such a whiner sometimes.

Edit: I know that isn't actually IdrA, I was refering to seeing vids of him more or less rage quitting.

I LOVE watching TheLiquidOne play though. The stuff he can pull off is just amazing. ^_^

It's hillarious to hear people whine when I cannon + zealot rush the crap out of them.

"u newb uzing noob tactix"

8-------D

People should learn to scout ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    How many of you guys have ventured over to Starcraft 2?

I think I'm just about to finish the single player missions (think maybe 3 or 4 left) and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I hated SC1; I was a C&C girl from day one so I didn't expect to like this as much as I do.
    Blasphemy! SC was superior to C&C at the time, at least whatever C&C was out during its release I can't believe you could hate SC1 and enjoy RTS.... It's... it's... just not right! I mean, people still play SC1 (kinda like D2) to this day, that's gotta say something about longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    Even though I've played 16 missions now I still find the structures difficult to differentiate between which makes building a bit of a pain sometimes as there's nothing in the build menu to suggest you already have a stucture. That's one gripe.

I'm going to move onto the co-op missions next before I venture onto multiplayer and get my arse handed to me on a plate no doubt.
    The reason you don't get a redundancy warning is because its not surprising to build more than one of something. Two engineering bays means you can research twice as fast for example.

As for the other races, you usually pick that up with playing their side. Very few things have actually changed in terms of tech tree for all three sides, its more of just the graphical upgrade. One of the big changes is the lack of reavers and drangoons, having been replaced on the protoss side.

Since SC2 doesn't have you play all 3 sides like its predecessor, it's a lot harder to get familiar with enemy buildings if you weren't a regular of the first.

@nurman's IdrA post - I cared more about the girl interviewing him. Had no idea who IdrA was and had to look him up. Still more fascinated by the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    It's hillarious to hear people whine when I cannon + zealot rush the crap out of them.

"u newb uzing noob tactix"

8-------D

People should learn to scout ^^
    Cannon rush is such a cheap tactic, and I can't understand why people still fall for them.

Terran vs cannon rush=lift off buildings, rellocate and mass marine+marauder. Or rush to planatery fortress, fly into enemy base and land.

Protoss vs cannon rush=build a couple cannons of your own to deny a cannon creep rush. With cannons protecting buildings and workers, it's impossible to get close without cannons being shot down before they're done building.

Zerg vs cannon rush= morph in zerglings and kill workers+base.

It gets a bit more complicated to counter in team games though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeCKSEgai View Post
    As for the other races, you usually pick that up with playing their side. Very few things have actually changed in terms of tech tree for all three sides, its more of just the graphical upgrade. One of the big changes is the lack of reavers and drangoons, having been replaced on the protoss side.
    There are a few more.

For terrans, no firebats or medics (replaced with hellion and medivac), no science vessel or goliath and I belive there is another air unit that's not in SC2.

Protoss no more reavers or dragoons (as pointed out), dark templar is still here but no dark archon, and that unit in SC1 that would cloak your other units (can't recall) is not in SC2, but then again we do have motherships. Immortals and Collosi are new. I'm sure there are more I can't recall atm. I think there was an air unit called scout or something in SC1?

Zerg. No more lurkers, but we got roaches and banelings, new anti air and anti ground flying units as well as an overseer. Then there are those fat larva things with its fungal growth ability. Oh and the queen of course. Then I know there are at least 1 if not 2 more units from SC1 that was removed, but I can't recall their name atm.