Videogame News
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2

Hybrid View

Starcraft 2

How many of you guys have ventured over to Starcraft 2?

I think I'm just about to finish the single player missions (think maybe 3 or 4 left) and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I hated SC1; I was a C&C girl from day one so I didn't expect to like this as much as I do.

Even though I've played 16 missions now I still find the structures difficult to differentiate between which makes building a bit of a pain sometimes as there's nothing in the build menu to suggest you already have a stucture. That's one gripe.

I'm going to move onto the co-op missions next before I venture onto multiplayer and get my arse handed to me on a plate no doubt.

Elly - Admin,
    Diablo: IncGamers on Twitter on You Tube on Facebook
    DiabloNut.Com (Diablo 3 database) - Blue Post Tracker - Diablo3Ladders.Com

New to Diablo 3? Read this great primer.

Your beliefs don't make you a better person, you behaviour does.

Re: Starcraft 2

The gameplay is identical to the original so the tutorials didn't teach me anything, really. I've been taking my time with the campaign but have enjoyed it thus far. I still have the original starcraft installed as well as all of the C&C games, except for RA3 and C&C4. I haven't touched those two and I doubt I ever will. I've always been an RTS buff and they turned C&C 4 into a RTT game, not cool.

I thought maybe I was over looking shortcuts to production structures, I can't seem to find any. Something I'm accustomed to in the C&C series. Kind of a bummer but I'll manage. I doubt I'll every venture outside of the SP campaign though.

Got it, completed campeign which I really enjoyed (plan on going back on harder difficulty for achievements), and played a bit online. Was unlucky with placement matches for 1v1 (2 people left on me), and won 2 others (which was rather cool) and lost one. Placed on platinum league... which definately is WAY out of my league. I'm probably more top bronze, bottom/mid silver league material.

Played a bit 2v2 with a friend as well, and landed in silver. Placement matches went great, but we've had our *** handed to us in silver league so far. We usually fail at scouting, and try too hard for early tech, so we get overrun before we get the stronger units out. We also seem to fail at getting a good army composition, but I believe learning a bit more about which units counter others will help. Just getting the scouting habbit down and we should be good to go.

@DoW: The shortcuts for SC2 are all listed in the desciptions of buildings and units.

IE for Terran (race I've played the most), in Barracks for instance, d is shortcut for Marauders, a is for Marines.... and... well can't recall the rest atm but they're there.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Quote Originally Posted by korialstraz View Post
    Got it, completed campeign which I really enjoyed (plan on going back on harder difficulty for achievements), and played a bit online. Was unlucky with placement matches for 1v1 (2 people left on me), and won 2 others (which was rather cool) and lost one. Placed on platinum league... which definately is WAY out of my league. I'm probably more top bronze, bottom/mid silver league material.

Played a bit 2v2 with a friend as well, and landed in silver. Placement matches went great, but we've had our *** handed to us in silver league so far. We usually fail at scouting, and try too hard for early tech, so we get overrun before we get the stronger units out. We also seem to fail at getting a good army composition, but I believe learning a bit more about which units counter others will help. Just getting the scouting habbit down and we should be good to go.

@DoW: The shortcuts for SC2 are all listed in the desciptions of buildings and units.

IE for Terran (race I've played the most), in Barracks for instance, d is shortcut for Marauders, a is for Marines.... and... well can't recall the rest atm but they're there.
    Thanks for pointing that out, it totally escaped me. Guess I'm just used to the C&C series. I was/still am very excited to finally get my hands on SCII though as the original was my first love. I'll get the hang of it soon no doubt.

Anyone tried their hand at the arcade mini-game? I'm horrible at it which is a shame considering I grew up with games like that. :P

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoW Fanatic View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out, it totally escaped me. Guess I'm just used to the C&C series. I was/still am very excited to finally get my hands on SCII though as the original was my first love. I'll get the hang of it soon no doubt.

Anyone tried their hand at the arcade mini-game? I'm horrible at it which is a shame considering I grew up with games like that. :P
    its really difficult, and the controles are very bad. you're better off looking for a user made similar game (can be made with the map editor)

Quote Originally Posted by DoW Fanatic View Post

No problems. I didn't see it at first either, but then I just sort of sat down against a very easy AI, so I could take the time to look over some descriptions etc.

Tried it a couple times, but didn't get too far. I did get the first achievement though. Going to get all the achievements for the arcade on my next playthrough.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

I played the singleplayer campaign through in one 27-hour session after I purchased the game.

Now I'm waiting for patches that bring me the things I want (Including LAN, Classic Custom Games and LAN.)

IncGamers Member

I got the Hurry Up: It's Raid Night (8 hour campaign rush), and almost finished with the Normal mode. Going to do the harder modes after taking a break, and probably do some multiplayer as well.

IncGamers Member

I bought SC2, only to play maybe halfway through and somehow get lured back to D2 for the 10th time. Now I want to play D2 a lot more than SC2!

Everyone I've talked to told me that SC2 single player is essentially SC1 single player. As I have no inclination to play online RTS games, that pretty much rules me out for now.