Videogame News

Thread: Two worlds 2

IncGamers Member

Two worlds 2

I have confidence that despite the bad press of the first this could be a winner.I thought the first game was good but just had some off putting game features that felt like a cheat(the shrines,the permanent potions) but over all It felt a much more original game than a lot of games that come out.It might seem like Gothic but it has a more extensive skill system and item upgrading more like Diablo 2 and then it had multiplayer with multiple modes(including horse racing!)actually the limit on character slots meant I never had a real go at the other modes (server side saves so no way to get round the 5 slot limit) just the rpg/quest mode.

Now the multiplayer was not very stable and struggled with more than 2 people but in TW2 they have changed how it is handled and should be a lot better.They have added even more unique gameplay to it including running your own little town to sell stuff which sounds interesting.The skill system sounds like its having an upgrade but they are keeping the spell card system(last I heard)which was one of the good features of the first(spells were handled seperate from skills by the way).

IncGamers Member

Re: Two worlds 2

Videos

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/

This will be released Sept 17th so not long to go(unless it gets pushed back).

Thought this was interesting in the spell system:

To give you an idea of how intricate AND personal the customization can get, SouthPeak's Aubrey Norris was telling me about a spell she made in Two Worlds II, the name of which I will withhold for now. This spell involves summoning a wind shield, where tornadoes protect the character and attack the enemy. At the same time, the spell also summons debris onto the battlefield. By walking into the debris, it gets caught in the tornado and does additional damage to whoever it hits. When you KILL the enemy, the corpse and it's weapons and armor get swept up in the tornado and also damage whatever else is in the vicinity, ensuring that the tornado will always pack an extra punch and won't die out. Aubrey calls her spell "The ****storm," and yes, the game WILL let you name it that.

Last edited by kavlor; 19-08-2010 at 11:46.