Videogame News
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Morrowind has cured my D2 addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    You will be back...
    You might be right, while I appreciate Morrowind for what it is, I'm finding it kind of light in terms of action. I guess when it comes to role playing games I prefer more action and less role playing.

Diablo: IncGamers Member nicro tower's Avatar

Mods can do wonders.

And Morrowind has plenty of action, there's a cliff racer around each corner ^_^

I always use the normal passive wild wildlife plugin. Wild animals evolve by learning that attacking people with swords isn't a great idea.

IncGamers Member

I loved that game. The number of random tombs/shrines, and the freedom to go where you want is just superior to any other game I've played.

I actually like the cliffracers, I'd find it fun when I could snipe them from far away with my bow.

Anyone actually played a vampire on morrowind?

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

You like cliff racers? One thing I liked in Morrowind was that the enemies didn't scale like in Oblivion. So you could have those nearly impossibe fights

Quote Originally Posted by struikje View Post
    I loved that game. The number of random tombs/shrines, and the freedom to go where you want is just superior to any other game I've played.

I actually like the cliffracers, I'd find it fun when I could snipe them from far away with my bow.

Anyone actually played a vampire on morrowind?
    I prefer crossbows, a bit less damage but no need to hold in the mouse button to fire. For the high life targets I'll just draw the sword anyway.

Never really bothered playing as a vampire for any extended amount of time, to bothersome having everyone tell you to go away when you wish to talk.

Diablo: IncGamers Member nicro tower's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kijya View Post
    I prefer crossbows, a bit less damage but no need to hold in the mouse button to fire. For the high life targets I'll just draw the sword anyway.

Never really bothered playing as a vampire for any extended amount of time, to bothersome having everyone tell you to go away when you wish to talk.
    I prefer magic. IMO, there's nothing more satisfying as watching people roast in your fireballs. That and magic has enchantment. Enchanted robes over enchanted armor over enchanted clothes is just epic.

Quote Originally Posted by nicro tower View Post
    I prefer magic. IMO, there's nothing more satisfying as watching people roast in your fireballs. That and magic has enchantment. Enchanted robes over enchanted armor over enchanted clothes is just epic.
    Magic is always more powerful than melee / ranged in those kinds of games. Sure, abit more resistance if you play a thief, ranger but hey, nothing is more fun than to blast away an enemy with some major bolt-magic.

IncGamers Member

There was freedom in enchanting as well which was very sandboxy,I made a cloak that gave a permanent summon(but you'd have to reequip if it got killed).I dont know but I think there was a way of giving enchanted items to NPCs and make them levitate and such I know the vendors would often wear what you sold them.

Enchant is the reason there's little point in making a pure mage character in morrowind, other then for the "role playing" imo. Charged items cast faster, don't take mana, replenish over time, once you have azuras star you can recharge them without wasting other soul gems, not to mention the constant effect items.

Sadly the only reason I see to get higher level magic skills, other then enchant, is to progress in the faction ranks.

Oblivion does the magic system much better I have to say, mostly because of mana regeneration dependent on willpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by kavlor View Post
    ... I know the vendors would often wear what you sold them.
    Lots of mods fix that of course, unofficial patch includes the fix iirc.

Last edited by Kijya; 30-08-2010 at 09:36.