Videogame News
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Any Free MMORPG Recommendations?

Runescape is totally awesome though, especially the private servers(legality may vary depending on your jurisdiction). The pking mechanics, catching is so awesome there

so many memories in Anarchy Online. I may have to go back and check it out one day.

Quote Originally Posted by mTim View Post
    Check out Tera online, the graphics look sick.
    it's not f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafu View Post
    so many memories in Anarchy Online. I may have to go back and check it out one day.
    There's still a lot of active players and tons of content (Assuming you quit years ago).

After EQ, this is the greatest MMO I've ever played, and I've played most of them.

LOTRO and EQ 2 Extended are by far the best Free MMOs out there IMO. Next up would be Runes of Magic.

Lotro's combat is too ...feeble for my taste. Or is it because I downloaded the smaller version? I must check if they have graphic upgrade patch available. I'm 1-2 lvls away from monster play, that could be my thing as I do love the setting. RoM felt like being in a box and characters feet are too big and they're too stiff

So far I've had best exp with Allods Online (when it actually was free. now I think you must spend thousands on runes if you want to be on top making it not so free anymore) and WAR.

Ahhh I forgot about Allods. Never really got to check that game out.

IncGamers Member

Runescape is hilarious

I got into Runes of Magic. Never played WoW, but they say it's lot like that. I am low level yet, but from what they say, it doesn't feel like F2P in the endgame (Like you have to pay to craft your endgame gear. Technically it's probably doable for free but much more slower). But as it is, I am enjoying my F2P noobness...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hrus View Post
    I got into Runes of Magic. Never played WoW, but they say it's lot like that. I am low level yet, but from what they say, it doesn't feel like F2P in the endgame (Like you have to pay to craft your endgame gear. Technically it's probably doable for free but much more slower). But as it is, I am enjoying my F2P noobness...
    Having to pay to be competitive in the end game is the biggest downfall of most of the F2P MMOs. Guild Wars did the cash shop in a way that wasn't intrusive to the game play though you have to purchase the original games. You could check at Forsaken World. I've never tried it but its one of the F2P games on steam so I believe it may be Mac compatible.