Videogame News
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Any Free MMORPG Recommendations?

Warhammer had potential, but it is just too limited.

I was really hoping it would recapture the DAoC magic, which I missed.

Btw, if there's a server out there where the DAoC classic magic is going on AND lively, I'd love to know about it VERY much.

IncGamers Member

Champions Online has a free mode as well that takes you all the way to max level. You don't get to access all the powers, but as far as free goes its pretty solid.

Lineage 2 has gone free it seems. Any experiences on that? I know Aion myself but nothing about L2, Big Bang Theory had its posters on the walls that's about it Seems more in-depth than Aion at first glance.

Only ever saw one review video of Lineage 2. Never played it. The review was favorable if I remember right, but about half of it can be described thusly.

"Boingy, boingy, boingy..."

(Reviewer played a dark elf female.)

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Is L2 really going free? I was a dedicated Lineage/Lineage II player for quite some time. It's a fun game, but there is A LOOOOOOT of grinding. I've also played WoW, and I will tell you: Lineage II has A LOOOOT of grinding involved.

Yep all for free. In game coins for vanity stuff, they don't affect the economy. Now lvl 22 and on the path of Hell Knight. I don't mind the grind... I've played Aion b4 (and what is D2 past lvl85...)

IncGamers Member

Plenty of F2P games to go around these days.. seems like every 2 days there's another popping up, lol.
    The only 2 games that REALLY captured me were League of Legends and Swords 2.
    The former because I started playing with a group of friends, and this game is, hands down, the best team experience there is. Ever.
    The latter I kinda rolled in through a special promotion (www.gamecoach.tv , still active) and gave it a try. Enjoying it quite abit, mostly cause the 3 party mechanic brings something else to the table. Got 3 free NPC cards for registering at Gamecoach, can recommend anyone to give it a go.