Videogame News

Thread: Arcanum

Arcanum

Does anyone else here play it/did anyone used to play it? I personally love the game, it's got to be my favourite single-player RPG out of all the games I've played, it has a great storyline, so much depth in terms of how you progress through the game and how you build up your character in different ways - plus the whole "victorian age with magic" thing is a new and interesting idea I'd like to see in more RPGs.

I've played the game countless times, never got even so much as half the way through the main quests because I get side-tracked building up my character, or making new characters to try out different games - spent way too many hours playing it hah.

So, anyone else here play/played?

Here are a couple of screenshots for those who've never played/seen it:

One downside of the game is the fact that it is quite buggy, make that very buggy if you haven't installed the patch. Examples include the spelling mistake in the conversation in the second picture, but I've also had game-breaking bugs such as not being able to select the correct option in a conversation that is required for a quest.

Re: Arcanum

Played it MANY years ago! Awesome game in every sense of the word. At the time I didn't really notice any bugs. Didn't really have that much experience, so didn't know what to look for in terms of bugs.

I remember completing the story, thought I think I progressed a little too quickly. Boy was the last battle tough.

Unofficial Incgamers Clan - The Red One

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    so is Bieber pointless or just women in general?

Funny this post showing up.

I've been debating purchasing this. How does it compare to say Baldur's Gate 2? Apples and Oranges?

It's been a while since i played it but i do remember it as one of the better rpgs out there. I find it hard to compare to BG2. I like the magic system, although my character did get a little overpowered. I definitely recommend it if you like rpgs.

IncGamers Member

If you go to Gog.com they are doing a deal on this right now $4.19(30% off)
    Gog is a place you can download older games(not pirate!!) but they don't need CD.

Banned

Yes i played it a long time ago, it's an awesome game. (combat is a bit meh though)
    Which reminds me, i heard there was a nice fanmade patch or some such, increasing the resolution. I hope i remembered it right.

tried to play it a few times. but every now and then it would corrupt all my save files.

did love it though. now i'm going to have another go