Videogame News

Star Wars: The Old Republic

I am pretty excited about this game. Bioware always comes through for me and I cannot wait.

I am not really a fan of getting into another MMO after 4 years of WoW, but I am looking forward to being able to either solo, or play in a group, the same way I see Diablo.

I am also hoping they follow through on combat being more interactive rather than the same sequence of buttons each battle, though I am interested to see how they manage this.

The biggest question I have however, is how they plan on having character decision affect things in a multiplayer universe. I can make decisions in a single player universe with consequences like killing or sparing someone, but how is that possible in a MMO universe where you might kill someone and your friend lets him live? How can the two of you coexist in the same universe?

Anyone else looking forward to this game? Anyone not interested and think it looks terrible?

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Can't wait for partial nudity, seeing that this is their main attraction atm.

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Can't wait for partial nudity, seeing that this is their main attraction atm.
    ORLY?!

I'm not a huge fan of Bioware's games since BG2.

Don't get me wrong, no one does story better.

But, at the same time, no one does gameplay worse (amongst the AAA studios anyways).

I realize that I'm outside of the mainstream here. But, pressing a button occasionally and then moving to the next talky part isn't enough for me without great gameplay.

I realize my view won't be popular since they are revered, but maybe someone out there sees it the way I do. I do have a lot of hope on this. But, I'm leaning heavily towards playing SWGEmu.

Imo bioware games have pretty much stock plot and horrible gameplay

Hey now, Mass Effect 2 was a HUGE improvement over the first one. Granted short of insanity, a seasoned gamer should have little trouble, but who plays games to be frustrated?

Yes, but I argue that it was any form of improvement.

It almost wasn't an RPG to begin with. Stripping out the little that was left made it into a slideshow with occasional button presses. Regardless, to each his/her own.

I really dislike that Bioware is influencing the industry with its boiled down console fare.