Videogame News

Dungeon Siege 3 announced for the PC,Xbox 360 and PS3

I'm a big fan of the franchise and hopefully these guys do not mess it up!

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/square-en...3-175672.phtml

Re: Dungeon Siege 3 announced for the PC,Xbox 360 and PS3

IncGamers Member

I thought they were done with the series when Spacesiege came out but I would be interested ,I hope they keep the party based system as thats what set it aside from the other ARPGs(not better just different).

Is the first game good? I've never played to it.

IncGamers Member

Some people think it was better but I dont as I like the more intricate skill system of the second.It did have some AoE weapons that are not in the second but the skill system means they would not be needed(Theres a passive that give an AoE).I dont think theres much in Ds1 that isn't in Ds2 that I can remember.

Too late! As I couldn't play another ARPG old game due to an error, I asked a friend to lend me DS1 legend of aranna.. and I'm glad I did it! Till now the game is wonderful and I'm loving the experience system. You improve what you use..perfect.

I hate specializing (yeah), so I'm trying to build up all the stats together. I'm playing the hard difficulty, so if end up too weak, I just lower it to normal and proceed with the correct advancement. I hope that I'll receive more exp or items with this mode, though.

Oh s**t, is it true that I won't be able to transfer my party from DS original to DS loa??
    Why did the developers add the old link damnnn! Non compatible expansion.. stupidest game choices back in those days..

EDIT01: I've managed to edit a level 0 test DS savegame and launch from DSLoA! This thanks to "Tank Viewer" and "Tank Creator" programs.
    Maybe, when I'll finish the original DS, I'll have a chance to continue to the expansion map safely.
    Tweaking the full high level party plus the world will be much harder, though.

EDIT02: DS1 finished! Nice game with wonderful graphic (for the time).
    It could have been much better, however, without problems like the crappy post-boss ending, the few NPCs interactions, EXP incompatibility and MP save game option. What a pity!
    Anyway, I've managed to convert the party from original DS to LOA "Castle of Ehb" campaign (all ok, except for the mule inventory grid), but I cannot continue in the next SP adventure even there. I've tried the MP alone, but the game designers didn't offer a way to save the progress (another incredibly silly choice).

EDIT03: one word.. DSLoaMod.
    Full party transferred from DS end to Loa campaign in SP veteran mode!

Last edited by phaolo; 30-10-2010 at 20:53.